Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Personally I think the concept sounds great. Everything nearby, whats not to like? I would love a decent supermarket near me, Premier shops are rubbish and the Co-Op is expensive.

Its only when morons make up stuff like "they will keep you confined to your local area" or "we wont be allowed to use motorways anymore" when the debate isnt worth having anymore as you are dealing with idiots.

Surprisingly enough,  I feel exactly the same.

That is exactly what I grew up in and makes more sense than modern life but, too much has been changed and we never get politicians who think and plan long term.

Unfortunately, it will never happen except maybe, in new towns etc.

People are allowed  to comment whether you like it or not and,   if you consider the debate isn't worth having any more, you should get off it instead of ridiculing other posters.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Warning - conspiracy theorist ahead.

After Covid and Lockdowns, do you really think the public are not being manipulated mentally and physically? And probably always have been. It's just that now it has moved up a gear and we are more aware of it (some of us anyway...)

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle.

A very typical quote from you and exactly what I've pointed out in the past.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

A very typical quote from you and exactly what I've pointed out in the past.

Perfectly accurate in the context of Anna's post. Feel free to ask for an explanation if you dont understand it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, Anna B said:

After Covid and Lockdowns, do you really think the public are not being manipulated mentally and physically? 

Personally, no - as it didn't affect me to any massive extent, but I agree it was typical officialdom over-reaction.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree the concept sounds good - but that is all it is, a concept. In the real world, unless you flatten the whole country and rebuild it, it is totally impractical.

A 15-minute 'village' for me restricts me to one pub, a few (expensive) shops and very little else. Fortunately, I do have the countryside, but even that is a little further away than 'a 15-minute' walk.

So in fact,  we three all agree that it would be nice if it could be implemented but it can't.

I wonder why it took 81 pages to work that that out ?

Just now, Organgrinder said:

So in fact,  we three all agree that it would be nice if it could be implemented but it can't.

Because too many dense people jumped in without engaging brain?

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Because idiots keep making stuff up. Stuff like:

- we will all be in communal housing

- you wont be allowed to leave the area

- you wont be allowed on motorways

And so on.

81 pages of it. Tripe after tripe after tripe.

The opening post is perhaps the most inaccurate post I have ever read on here, she soon scuttled off.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1