Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Erm, yes you did. I will quote it again, for you...

Please do then  and I will explain the meaning of those few words for you

Edited by Organgrinder

Just now, Hecate said:

I think it's got worse on here in that respect since the covid lockdowns.

Now, I don't know whether that's because it turned a few people funny such that they swan dived off a cliff into some seriously crazy rabbit holes fuelled by YouTube, or because it brought to the fore some people's deep-seated tendency to be a bit out there, or because so many sane folk have left the forum that the lunacy is now in a more concentrated form.

I do know that it's all a bit bat**** on here, and has been for a while.

I know someone who until 2 years ago was a perfectly normal middle aged bloke.

Two years later, he is a dedicated devotee of Turtleboy, who is a mega-right wing American podcaster, even has a fleece he wears of his, stays up overnight to listen to his live Youtube videos, and is even planning on going to Boston next month without his family to meet him.

He now pollutes his FB feed with bizarre right wing ramblings, mainly concerning American events that dont get mainstream coverage over here.

Its bizarre.

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I never claimed to have a sense of humour and that's bugger all to do with you anyway.

Perfectly clearly you haven't got a sense of humour, but when you demonstrate it on here, I am entitled to comment.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Perfectly clearly you haven't got a sense of humour, but when you demonstrate it on here, I am entitled to comment.

In the same way as I can comment on  your lack of brain power that causes you to write silly schoolboy remarks on the thread ?

Edited by Organgrinder

12 hours ago, top4718 said:

Remember this comment from February, if you happen to be on Barkers Pool have at the sign in a window that's headed "A High St For The Future" has a sub heading "Creating a 15min City" and the following "Over the next three years Fargate & High St will be transformed. Using Future High Street Funding we will green the streets, repurpose obsolete buildings and create spaces for play and culture" 

Looks like another "conspiracy theory" is about to come true and proves that Planner1 talks absolute nonsense (as most of us already knew).

How does something as vague as that in a shop window 6 months after we discussed this prove that I don’t know what I’m on about?

Have a look at this article from March, which features quotes on this subject from one of the Green Party councillors such as:

Henry Nottage, for the Green Party said “We are not going to go around putting people in zones and say you can’t leave this area. That is absolutely not going to happen.”

And

Mr Nottage said that the concept is not a focus for the Council, but will more be informing future planning decisions, particularly with new housing developments. He said that the plans are nothing more than “mundane planning theory”.

Clear enough for you?

53 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Personally I think the concept sounds great. Everything nearby, whats not to like? I would love a decent supermarket near me, Premier shops are rubbish and the Co-Op is expensive.

Its only when morons make up stuff like "they will keep you confined to your local area" or "we wont be allowed to use motorways anymore" when the debate isnt worth having anymore as you are dealing with idiots.

So when does the building of these great supermarkets begin?

28 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I think it's got worse on here in that respect since the covid lockdowns.

Now, I don't know whether that's because it turned a few people funny such that they swan dived off a cliff into some seriously crazy rabbit holes fuelled by YouTube, or because it brought to the fore some people's deep-seated tendency to be a bit out there, or because so many sane folk have left the forum that the lunacy is now in a more concentrated form.

I do know that it's all a bit bat**** on here, and has been for a while.

No it's got worse because people like you accepted the covid lockdowns.