Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

What you call tongue in cheek is not that at all.  It's a stupid comment made up in your own head.

That is why I asked for someone to show me when the comment had been made.       No one can show me because the comment never existed.

I don't deny that people make daft comments sometimes but if you want to say something stupid,  then don't pass it off as something that someone else said.

You really are an argumentative twerp. 

37 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There is nothing written from any organisation seeking to bring in the concept of a 15 minute neighbourhood/city (call it what you like) that this will stop people from leaving an area.

This is not opinion. It is fact.

Feel free to point us in the direction of something from a local or planning authority that states this is what the aim of the concept is.  Tinfoil conjecture from the likes of GB News, Manchester Truthers, Right Said Fred or Katie Hopkins does not count.

Please don’t diss Right Said Fred , they made some cracking tunes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You really are an argumentative twerp. 

Please don’t diss Right Said Fred , they made some cracking tunes.

Don't Talk Just Kiss an underrated favourite of mine. Shame they have both turn into nutters 🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

There is nothing written from any organisation seeking to bring in the concept of a 15 minute neighbourhood/city (call it what you like) that this will stop people from leaving an area.

Feel free to point us in the direction of something from a local or planning authority that states this is what the aim of the concept is.  Tinfoil conjecture from the likes of GB News, Manchester Truthers, Right Said Fred or Katie Hopkins does not count.

Not allowable for you to write something down and claim it as fact when you can't prove it.

That is not fact, it's your opinion.

Remove that central line or change it, and it's then acceptable.

Edited by Organgrinder

Absolutely bonkers. Pointless engaging with you anymore on the subject. 

"saying that local authorities won't kill the first born of all it's residents can't be a fact because they don't say on their websites that they won't do this" 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Planner1 said:

How does something as vague as that in a shop window 6 months after we discussed this prove that I don’t know what I’m on about?

Have a look at this article from March, which features quotes on this subject from one of the Green Party councillors such as:

Henry Nottage, for the Green Party said “We are not going to go around putting people in zones and say you can’t leave this area. That is absolutely not going to happen.”

And

Mr Nottage said that the concept is not a focus for the Council, but will more be informing future planning decisions, particularly with new housing developments. He said that the plans are nothing more than “mundane planning theory”.

Clear enough for you?

The vague thing in the shop window is endorsed by a council that you claimed had never even discussed it except as banter or lip service. 

Are you claiming that what the poster in the window says is false?

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You don't have to physically stop someone from leaving an area, you can make put a costs/restrictions on it to deter people though and that's exactly what will happen, you're picking out extreme views and using it claim not of it will happen. 

Planner1 totally denied the Council were even seriously thinking about it, if that's the case they are currently putting publicity in the city that's totally false, why would they do that?

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You don't have to physically stop someone from leaving an area, you can make put a costs/restrictions on it to deter people though and that's exactly what will happen, you're picking out extreme views and using it claim not of it will happen. 

Planner1 totally denied the Council were even seriously thinking about it, if that's the case they are currently putting publicity in the city that's totally false, why would they do that?

What's the problem even if they are? The only issue is if the tinfoil theories have any actual merit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I know someone who until 2 years ago was a perfectly normal middle aged bloke.

Two years later, he is a dedicated devotee of Turtleboy, who is a mega-right wing American podcaster, even has a fleece he wears of his, stays up overnight to listen to his live Youtube videos, and is even planning on going to Boston next month without his family to meet him.

He now pollutes his FB feed with bizarre right wing ramblings, mainly concerning American events that dont get mainstream coverage over here.

Its bizarre.

Would it be fair to say that Turtleboy brought him out of his shell?

• Haha 2