Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

Hopkins, right said fred, mungo jerry, soylent green, morons, conspiracy theorists, lyceum parking, tinfoiledhatters, he has me on ignore, bookmarked, lets come back for a childish game of oneupmanship, blah blah blah, rinse and repeat until dead.

Little Johnny following with the hearts, and Zinger with a jpg , tedious

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fools said:

Hopkins, right said fred, mungo jerry, soylent green, morons, conspiracy theorists, lyceum parking, tinfoiledhatters, he has me on ignore, bookmarked, lets come back for a childish game of oneupmanship, blah blah blah, rinse and repeat until dead.

Little Johnny following with the hearts, and Zinger with a jpg , tedious

Is everything OK mate? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, top4718 said:

The vague thing in the shop window is endorsed by a council that you claimed had never even discussed it except as banter or lip service. 

Are you claiming that what the poster in the window says is false?

What I said 6 months ago was correct. There was no evidence that I or anyone else could find that they were planning to implement 15 min cities. 

The councillor even says in the quote I linked to that it isn’t a focus for them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

What I said 6 months ago was correct. There was no evidence that I or anyone else could find that they were planning to implement 15 min cities. 

The councillor even says in the quote I linked to that it isn’t a focus for them.

Out of interest, should 15 minute cities become a thing in a negative way will you admit you were wrong all along?

50 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

I posted evidence of a meeting from February 2022 that you dismissed as irrelevant.

So I'll ask again, is the openly displayed poster, the money they've been given from the Future High Streets Fund (a fund who's ambition according to it's publicity is a 15 minute city) a myth?

Why did SCC bid for money from the above fund if they had no plans to implement it, the fact that you couldn't find evidence doesn't make it not true. Just admit you either wrong or deliberately trying to mislead, I suspect the latter.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Backtracking where? I am 100% confident people will not be "penned into areas" or whatever you lot claim will happen. 

And yes, I am 100% confident no local authority anywhere in the country will do it. 

Bookmark that and let's return in what, ten years? 

Happy to make it 20 years if you wish? 

You're are trying to take one extreme aspect and base your whole argument on it, I have never said anyone will be penned into area but restrictions and penalties will be in place, these restrictions are why everyone should be against it.

Edited by top4718

Christ how many times do you want to say the same thing? 

Edit - oh he's fixed it now. 

Nope, still not having that. Let's come back in 20 years then and see who is right.  Thread bookmarked. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

43 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Out of interest, should 15 minute cities become a thing in a negative way will you admit you were wrong all along?

No, he'll try and spin his way out of it like he has with previous lies.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Christ how many times do you want to say the same thing? 

I think you most definitely have the prize for moribund repetition on here, you;ve repeated a "joke" about exploding neck braces about 15 times.

Edited by top4718

14 hours ago, top4718 said:

I posted evidence of a meeting from February 2022 that you dismissed as irrelevant.

So I'll ask again, is the openly displayed poster, the money they've been given from the Future High Streets Fund (a fund who's ambition according to it's publicity is a 15 minute city) a myth?

Why did SCC bid for money from the above fund if they had no plans to implement it, the fact that you couldn't find evidence doesn't make it not true. Just admit you either wrong or deliberately trying to mislead, I suspect the latter.

It was irrelevant, it was effectively, political banter. I’ve written contributions to enough of them to know what they are.

You can see the government prospectus for Future High Street Fund here I can’t see any mention of 15 minute cities on a brief skim. It’s just a fund to regenerate high streets.

It says it’s objective is: “ to renew and reshape town centres in a way that improves experience, drives growth and ensures future sustainability”

In funding bids and business cases, applicants list out what policies and strategies their project is aligned with or supports. My guess ( because I haven’t seen it) is that what you saw  is something along those lines, just saying that the project supports a 15 minute cities approach ( which is generally seen as a good thing).