Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Mk Dons

bassett one

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well they made hard work of that but as we are back on top of the league and a game in hand its ours to lose now,NEXT

Errm?????  We're not miles in front and some other clubs are absolutely on fire! It's maybe a tad early (but hopefully not by much) to start the bus' engines.

If you give someone the bullets  they'll definitely fire them at you.

I'm the Forum's Owls Safety Officer. I'm new, but I'll get the hang of it. 🙂

• Like 1

I didn't see that half time scoreline coming, fair play to MKDons they were catching us on the break with a couple of mobile lads up front. But the class showed second half and we dismantled them, fair play to all. That George Byers though, how did we manage to sign that lad, he's my favourite player at the moment.

Good to see Gregory get on the scoresheet. Whatever's happened to Wilks? Be glad to get him back as he does offer some pace up front and I believe he has been improving recently.

Top of the league tonight so we're entitled to give the lads a slap on the back as they've worked hard enough for it. Not be counting any chickens yet though, still got a third of the season to go and there's a chasing pack who just keep on winning so we can't afford to get ahead of ourselves. Unlike some I could mention. You know, the gift that keeps on giving types, could be another mind the gap season the way things are going.😀

Game of two halfs, a reconstructed CB line with Iorfa back in, and the two wing backs either side, Wednesday were sloppy at the back, although the 1st goal was an absolute cracker, they looked indecisive and dithered.

Iorfa wen back to whacking danger into the stands and we begun to string passes together and get behind MK, in the end MK were lucky it was only 5 when Smith miscued a sitter over the top, we looked more measured and controlled after the break.

I heard a lot of fans slating our first half performance in the stands at half time but I didn't think it was that bad (the forward aspect of it at least) I thought we played some good stuff at times that didn't quite come off (that back heel from Windass near the touchline was superb) the two lads MK had up front undid us though, second half the defence tightened up and we started to click, Adeniran made a big difference, I thought if we could get it back to 2-2 we'd go on to win the game and we did at a canter in the end, it's a pity the series of 1-2's between Adeniran and James didn't result in a goal, super stuff. The double capped off a great day.

Almost forgot to mention, very well done to Darren and the lads for equalling the club record of 19 league games without defeat, a record that's stood since 1961.

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I heard a lot of fans slating our first half performance in the stands at half time but I didn't think it was that bad (the forward aspect of it at least) I thought we played some good stuff at times that didn't quite come off (that back heel from Windass near the touchline was superb) the two lads MK had up front undid us though, second half the defence tightened up and we started to click, Adeniran made a big difference, I thought if we could get it back to 2-2 we'd go on to win the game and we did at a canter in the end, it's a pity the series of 1-2's between Adeniran and James didn't result in a goal, super stuff. The double capped off a great day.

Almost forgot to mention, very well done to Darren and the lads for equalling the club record of 19 league games without defeat, a record that's stood since 1961.

We were miles better than them all game / a worldie goal and a lapse of concentration gave em a sniff.

score flattered them in end.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

We were miles better than them all game / a worldie goal and a lapse of concentration gave em a sniff.

score flattered them in end.

Even at 1-2 I never doubted we would win the game, the will to win in the squad at the moment is fantastic.