Council Tax In Sheffield Looks Set To Rise By 4.99%

iansheff

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Never had an issue with paying council tax by DD in nigh on 20 years, I accept not everyone has the same experience.

It was East Lindsey District. Never had an issue with any other council, well other than RMBC expecting me to continue paying for a house I no longer lived in but that's a different story.

Finally got through after another hour on the phone . Explained the situation and was told “ sorry I can’t help you at the moment, all our systems are down, try phoning tomorrow “ . When I explained I’ve been trying all week got told “sorry “ . When I asked when the system would be working  go told “ sorry , we don’t know “ .  Bunch of clowns running this City .

Thats shoddy beyond belief, it that was the problem they should have put a message on the phone before people joined the queue.

But you do need to get it sorted before court as I suspect the reason you have had this is they have got impatient with your late payments.

Edited by HeHasRisen

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Finally got through after another hour on the phone . Explained the situation and was told “ sorry I can’t help you at the moment, all our systems are down, try phoning tomorrow “ . When I explained I’ve been trying all week got told “sorry “ . When I asked when the system would be working  go told “ sorry , we don’t know “ .  Bunch of clowns running this City .

Hmmm... :huh:

I wonder what Jeff Bezos would have done? :hihi:

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Make sure you make a record of the call. If you called on a mobile then screenshot the call log showing time and date & length of call. 

If you do go to court then this is evidence you attempted to sort this prior to the court date. It will go against the council. 

• Like 1