Council Tax In Sheffield Looks Set To Rise By 4.99%

iansheff

31 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’m going to the pub now. 

Can I suggest that you look at post 31 properly, whilst I’m out. There’s no need to apologise for your rudeness, we all make mistakes.

Once you’ve understood post 31 correctly, maybe have a look at the pie charts that HHR posted, to save you clicking on an evil link.

Which things would you cut?

To listen to you dishing orders out, I assumed you had already been to the pub.,

Line 2 - I don't take orders or even suggestions, especially from such as you

Line 3 - ditto

Line 4 - None of your business now.

Now get lost again.

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

To listen to you dishing orders out, I assumed you had already been to the pub.,

Line 2 - I don't take orders or even suggestions, especially from such as you

Line 3 - ditto

Line 4 - None of your business now.

Now get lost again.

Hmmm... :huh:

Don't let Mr S get to you Mr Grinder, it's his career in teaching that makes him think it's OK to talk down to people.

You also have to remember that some people on here (or their relatives) are actually employed by SCC...
... so of course they are going to defend them and support any council tax increase that might help them stay in a job!

And Mr Risen is just being Mr Risen, and sucking up to anyone who'll listen to him as usual... :hihi:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Don't let Mr S get to you Mr Grinder, it's his career in teaching that makes him think it's OK to talk down to people.

You also have to remember that some people on here (or their relatives) are actually employed by SCC...
... so of course they are going to defend them and support any council tax increase that might help them stay in a job!

And Mr Risen is just being Mr Risen, and sucking up to anyone who'll listen to him as usual... :hihi:

That's fine mate. I understand what you're saying.

I just deliberately do the opposite when people try to give me orders.

Not particularly bothered by the Risen idiot.  He's on my ignore list so he gets others to put his posts up but they still get ignored anyway.

17 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

A below inflation increase is amazing tbh. God bless the 5% cap.

No it's not.  A friend of our son lives in Spain, near Cordoba.  She has a three bedroom house.  The bins are emptied in the proper manner, the roads well maintained etc.   Her council tax is around £70 per year.  If her council can do it so can ours.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 10:43, spilldig said:

No it's not.  A friend of our son lives in Spain, near Cordoba.  She has a three bedroom house.  The bins are emptied in the proper manner, the roads well maintained etc.   Her council tax is around £70 per year.  If her council can do it so can ours.

That will be the IBI tax.

A relitive of mine owns a property out in Spain & he also finds it dirt cheap compared with his place over here but then he & his wife are coming from the perspective of having higher median UK salaries  of about £8k or £9k above the Spanish median salaries. 

Also the IBI is calculated on several factors, not only the size of the property but such factors as the condition & location of the property to name but three. 

Apparently, you're average Spaniard will complain about the amount of IBI they have to pay. 

It's all relative but I know what you mean.  I can't remember the last time I saw a council worker sweep the road outside my house?  Tell a lie, it was just a couple of weeks before the last council elections. 

Edited by Baron99