Respite Care For Young Adults?

The_DADDY

2 hours ago, francypants said:

As much as you love them both, it must be absolutely exhausting for you.   I feel for you and hope you manage to get some kind of help sorted out soon.     Francy  x

Thank you for that francypants. Yes I won't deny its exhausting at times but I have to say its massively rewarding. Their mum could do more but sadly won't. I get that she wants her life but the kids struggle to understand that. They think they've done something wrong bless em and as things stand I'll probably have the kids with me for life. I reckon with a regular short break say a few days every 6 months or so would definitely help me recharge those batteries so I can carry on doing my bit. 

Thank you again francypants 🙏

14 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you for that francypants. Yes I won't deny its exhausting at times but I have to say its massively rewarding. Their mum could do more but sadly won't. I get that she wants her life but the kids struggle to understand that. They think they've done something wrong bless em and as things stand I'll probably have the kids with me for life. I reckon with a regular short break say a few days every 6 months or so would definitely help me recharge those batteries so I can carry on doing my bit. 

Thank you again francypants 🙏

Good luck with the assessment. I'm sure there's options out there that are right for the young person. Did you get assistance from Children's services? 

I know it might be difficult to think about the future but it might be worth thinking it all through. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am speaking to the senior Adult Social Care team soon, as a menber of campaign group, sheffield care matters, (not the professionals, social workers, etc), but the  directors, etc, if you have any questions  about social care, P/M me and i will try and get them answered.

Edited by SCM1

• 9 months later...