Morrisons Supermarket

"UK’s fifth-largest supermarket, which is £7.5bn in debt, has shifted to negative."

Since the US takeover, prices have gone daft, so thousands have defected to Aldi, Lidl...

even Sainsbury's are more competitive.

To paraphrase their jingle, "There's no reason to shop at Morrison's."

Interesting that yet another very British brand has been taken over by an American company. Do we not have any British billionaires who want to invest in a British company?

And yes Morrison's prices have gone through the roof. I no longer shop there. 

Edited by Anna B

Yes, many of the bargain lines they had have gone although this applies to the others especially since inflation took hold.  Asda prices also have increased a lot, their biscuit range is much more pricey than Aldi/Lidl.

Edited by carosio
spelling

39 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Interesting that yet another very British brand has been taken over by an American company. Do we not have any British billionaires who want to invest in a British company?

And yes Morrison's prices have gone through the roof. I no longer shop there. 

Things started to change once Ken Morrison stood down as chairman.  A big American company took over Asda but sold it recently.  

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

"UK’s fifth-largest supermarket, which is £7.5bn in debt, has shifted to negative."

Since the US takeover, prices have gone daft, so thousands have defected to Aldi, Lidl...

even Sainsbury's are more competitive.

To paraphrase their jingle, "There's no reason to shop at Morrison's."

I’ve never like it even before the price rises.

I took the nark with Morrisons in 1996 when they wouldn't take one of my fellow students on the NVQ retail course up at Loxley College on placement because she was disabled! This was the Hillsborough one.

I've also applied there myself for Checkout Operator positions, same thing happened, as soon as I declared my disability it was a no, despite the illegality of direct discrimination under the Equality Act.