Sheffield Forum

Today's Sheffield Forum has become far less about sharing information and helping Sheffielders, and far more about point-scoring.
The number of active contributors appears to be quite limited and rather cliquey, possibly because others realise there's little point in asking a question or raising an issue and expecting constructive responses.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Crissie said:

Today's Sheffield Forum has become far less about sharing information and helping Sheffielders, and far more about point-scoring.
The number of active contributors appears to be quite limited and rather cliquey, possibly because others realise there's little point in asking a question or raising an issue and expecting constructive responses.

Hmmm... :huh:

But it's a great place to come if you've got an agenda to promote! :hihi:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

It’s gone downhill since there are now no mods on. They kept things in order, and banned posters for awhile if they put a rude post on. It’s not the same without them!

You really cant want the old regime back, you were banned merely for having a different opinion to them.

25 minutes ago, pattricia said:

It’s gone downhill since there are now no mods on. They kept things in order, and banned posters for awhile if they put a rude post on. It’s not the same without them!

Didn't have a problem with the mods,  got a short ban for talking too much once  and once with someone else (Darbees warned me by pm she was trying to get me banned)

I don't recall the swearing though,  I mean most peeps can guess what the asteriks mean can't they - particularly if they end with 'off' so we do need at least two more mods.

one in the daytime and one in the evening just to calm things down.

I nominate Mister M and Rolling J

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Didn't have a problem with the mods,  got a short ban for talking too much once  and once with someone else (Darbees warned me by pm she was trying to get me banned)

I don't recall the swearing though,  I mean most peeps can guess what the asteriks mean don't they - particularly if they end with 'off' so we do need at least two more mods.

one in the daytime and one in the evening just to calm things down.

If some posters behaved like adults, we wouldn't need 'active' mods. Unfortunately, there is a small 'core' of individuals who take great pride in behaving in a stupid manner.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1