Sheffield Forum

42 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If some posters behaved like adults, we wouldn't need 'active' mods. Unfortunately, there is a small 'core' of individuals who take great pride in behaving in a stupid manner.

Sorry RJ but you will never get your wish, I gave up on the real versions years ago, at least with a forum you don’t have to take matters to the next level.

There are still some posters on SF that one can have a sensible debate with even though views differ and I appreciate this.

There is the opportunity to help others with information.

Sadly there are some posters who just want to be provocative instead of debating a subject.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cressida said:

Didn't have a problem with the mods,  got a short ban for talking too much once  and once with someone else (Darbees warned me by pm she was trying to get me banned)

I don't recall the swearing though,  I mean most peeps can guess what the asteriks mean can't they - particularly if they end with 'off' so we do need at least two more mods.

one in the daytime and one in the evening just to calm things down.

I nominate Mister M and Rolling J

@cressidaJust seen your edit - thanks for the nomination, but my modding days are over. I did it for about 14-15 years on other forums, but my interests/commitments have changed and I no longer wish to get involved. I will happily help SFBeca if she asks, but not in any 'semi-official' capacity.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@cressidaJust seen your edit - thanks for the nomination, but my modding days are over. I did it for about 14-15 years on other forums, but my interests/commitments have changed and I no longer wish to get involved. I will happily help SFBeca if she asks, but not in any 'semi-official' capacity.

It's your choice and I respect it🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harvey19 said:

There are still some posters on SF that one can have a sensible debate with even though views differ and I appreciate this.

There is the opportunity to help others with information.

Sadly there are some posters who just want to be provocative instead of debating a subject.

Just don’t allow them to draw you, it takes two to start an argument.

• Like 1