More Police Misconduct?

Katie Price has been told Metropolitan Police are under investigation for allegedly sharing ‘disgusting content’ about her son Harvey Price.

The star is mum to Harvey, 20, who has Prader-Willi Syndrome, autism and is blind.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/17/katie-prices-son-harvey-targeted-by-police-officers-in-group-chat-18302648/

Your thoughts?

Edited by The_DADDY

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I think I'd want to differentiate really unacceptable behaviour from 'gallows humour'. 

I appreciate that emergency services workers see some horrible things, and can say things which can be cathartic, but inappropriate.

However that doesn't excuse being disgusting about a disabled lad, whoever his mother is.

I think we really need to think much more honestly and clearly about the police. I know there are many fantastic police officers who do an amazing job, and I'll hold my hands up and say that I couldn't put up with what they have to.

However, there have been too many instances of where the police have not only acted inappropriately, insensitively (I think of the many cases of child sexual exploitation in South Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, and other areas), but also have been found to be institutionally corrupt (e.g. the Met's handling of the Daniel Morgan case).

EDIT: I am glad though that the police chose to investigate this not as a result of being shamed into it, but of their own volition. 

Edited by Mister M

I'd say its what society creates, these police whatsapp groups are a by product of the mainly lads culture permeated through society, sexism, racism, homophobia, generally bullying is still rife in society and until thats cut out completely it will infect the services.

But then we have this  anti "woke" backlash which in effect wants to keep such things, she should "man up", stop being woke etc.

16 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

My first thought was... Are you being sponsored by The Metro, Mr Daddy?

Why are there 4 links to The Metro in your post? :suspect:

The results of a very lazy copy and paste Mr Bloke. Sorry about that. I'll fix it now 👍

18 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

My first thought was... Are you being sponsored by The Metro, Mr Daddy?

Why are there 4 links to The Metro in your post? :suspect:

Fixed it now 👍

• Thanks 1