The Rising Sun - Fulwood

Stevo123

Walked past the other day and hand to make a double take when I read "10 real ales and 6 real lagers"

Blimey! :surprised

Has it changed hands? Used to be owned by the Students' Union. It now looks much more tidy and with 10 ales on it's quite a surprising change! Do Sheffield CAMRA know about this?

Anyhow - worth a try soon. :thumbsup:

I went with my Dad the other day n its quite similar to the Sheaf View on Heeley, Its also the only smoke free pub in Sheffield (apparently). Anyways the beer is sweet n clean in there but its quiet (not any music on, n apart from me My Dad n a barmaid there were 2 other people in. Felt more like a libary).

Good for a quiet fag free pint (not sure bout gays though).:shakes:

I went with my Dad the other day n its quite similar to the Sheaf View on Heeley, Its also the only smoke free pub in Sheffield (apparently). Anyways the beer is sweet n clean in there but its quiet (not any music on, n apart from me My Dad n a barmaid there were 2 other people in. Felt more like a libary).

Good for a quiet fag free pint (not sure bout gays though).:shakes:

Excellent pub ,does lovely sunday dinners,not the only smoke free pub though,try benjamin huntsman in town and theres one called the phoenix,not sure where that one is though.

Excellent pub ,does lovely sunday dinners,not the only smoke free pub though,try benjamin huntsman in town and theres one called the phoenix,not sure where that one is though.

The Phoenix is Ridgewayish, down White Lane from Gleadless Town End and keep going (without turning left over the tram tracks for Crystal Peaks). Yes, they boast that they were the first non-smoking pub in Sheffield. The food's good, albeit a bit formulaic, but still perfectly nice. And there's outside seating with benches overlooking views of fields 'n stuff at the back, and in the winter they have log fires to huddle around.

Walked past the other day and hand to make a double take when I read "10 real ales and 6 real lagers"

Blimey! :surprised

Has it changed hands? Used to be owned by the Students' Union. It now looks much more tidy and with 10 ales on it's quite a surprising change! Do Sheffield CAMRA know about this?

Anyhow - worth a try soon. :thumbsup:

Sheffield CAMRA do indeed know about this pub - in fact the July branch meeting is being held there on Tuesday.

Archived