Is Racism To White People Even Possible?

For me, I find any kind of attacks or denigration of an individual on the basis of their group identity, abhorrent. Absolutely, we are all individuals, and should only be judged on our individual merit; and the accident of our birth, is just that, an accident we had no part in, and can take no credit for.

I found this earlier today, and my first reaction was, it's a good job a white person wasn't making this observation...

• Like 2

Non white people can be prejudiced towards white people but I do not judge that as racism.  When they show television programs made it the 1970's they have a  warning about the language used being offensive which was acceptable at the time the programs were made.  In the past there was most certainly racism towards folk of colour but it is not acceptable or common behaviour today.

Nope.

Racism in ALL its forms is wrong, and shouldn't be tolerated... I tolerate everyone of ALL cultures unless they do something annoying.

I just can't talk to non-UK call centres because for some highly annoying reason they don't seem to understand most UK regional dialects (I'm fluent in broad Yorkshire, Mancunian and Scouse)

Edited by XPertByExperien

34 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Its become acceptable to be racist towards white people. Society is changing and not for the better.

no it isnt, thats a trope spouted by racists, ALL racism is wrong but the vast majority of racism has through history been against those of a black or brown race

Lawrence Fox thinks racism to white people is possible. 

When he was on Question Time a woman in the audience said Megan Markle experienced racism living in this country. Lawrence said to the lady in the audience, rubbish we are one of the most tolerant counties in Europe.  If I remember right the lady then  called Lawrence a white privileged male.  Lawrence said to the lady, your being racist calling me a white privileged male.   

• Haha 1