Is Racism To White People Even Possible?

56 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

How i see the current racism argument:

Meghan Markle and Calvin Robinson are both mixed race...

To criticise MM is racist because she is a POC

It's OK to criticise CR because he is conservative, extremely religious and a 'coconut'/'Uncle Tom' according to the caring, inclusive and non-racist Left

attacking somebody of a race DOESNT make you a racist, attacking somebody BECAUSE of their race does

its like a black person mugs a white person (or vice versa) DOESNT make it a racist crime, its a mugging, IF they mugged them because they were white...and can be proved, then it is racist, theres a difference

Racists generally dont get that distinction

Just now, leviathan13 said:

Thanks for that expansive and in-depth response...

But true

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

We are talking right and left wing.

I don’t get why are you conflating the issue with racism, homophobia, sexism, hating people.

sorry i missed this post with the excitement of replying to The daddy

Because they are all inherent in the right wing to varying degrees and i was asked left v right

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

attacking somebody of a race DOESNT make you a racist, attacking somebody BECAUSE of their race does

its like a black person mugs a white person (or vice versa) DOESNT make it a racist crime, its a mugging, IF they mugged them because they were white...and can be proved, then it is racist, theres a difference

Racists generally dont get that distinction

But true

Most of the criticism i've seen of MM hasn't involved her ethnicity, just that she seems to be a controlling, whiny, brash American who has probably never been told 'no'.

Yet, i have seen CR receive some horrendous racist comments from the kind and caring left and POC.

The defense seems to be that because CR is conservative, he deserves it, no matter that the criticism is based on his ethnicity.

Question:

Is it racist to call CR a 'coconut' or 'Uncle Tom'?

Edited by leviathan13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Most of the criticism i've seen of MM hasn't involved her ethnicity, just that she seems to be a controlling, whiny, brash American who has probably never been told 'no'.

Yet, i have seen CR receive some horrendous racist comments from the kind and caring left and POC.

The defense seems to be that because CR is conservative, he deserves it, no matter that the criticism is based on his ethnicity.

Question:

Is it racist to call CR a 'coconut' or 'Uncle Tom'?

Both are racist terms yes,coconut means brown on the outside but white on the inside and means they aren't as black as they should be

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Both are racist terms yes,coconut means brown on the outside but white on the inside and means they aren't as black as they should be

But... my comment was nonsense, despite it appearing to be true that MM and CR are being treated differently by some sections of society?

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Racism is not only about colour of skin , ask the Jewish community , Not so long ago one of our main two political party's where openly spouting racist comments about them , I have often witnessed this from certain groups gathered outside Sheffield Town Hall with full blessing from the council or so it seems .

No one interested in Antisemitism it seems  Racism happens in all forms 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Because they are all inherent in the right wing to varying degrees and i was asked left v right

I just don’t see it; there are vile types everywhere on the political spectrum (as well as admirable types).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

No one interested in Antisemitism it seems  Racism happens in all forms 

The problem appears to be with The Left:

They claim it's white people being oppressive to black people but, when a black person says something The Left don't like, it's OK to be racist towards them because they're not properly black.

And then you get the antisemitism... which seems to mainly be a Labour party issue, but that gets ignored and lost in the labyrinth of gender and skin colour politics.

Like... it's funny how Labour suddenly realised what a woman is when the idea of trying to jail a 'trans' rapist came up.

• Like 4

Guest ThaBoom
14 hours ago, Waldo said:

For me, I find any kind of attacks or denigration of an individual on the basis of their group identity, abhorrent. Absolutely, we are all individuals, and should only be judged on our individual merit; and the accident of our birth, is just that, an accident we had no part in, and can take no credit for.

I found this earlier today, and my first reaction was, it's a good job a white person wasn't making this observation...

Accident?

Not everyone believes their birth was an accident- I certainly wasn't.

Yeah, you don't choose your parents or where you want to be born,  or in what circumstances - if that's what you're implying then fair enough.