Is Racism To White People Even Possible?

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

But... my comment was nonsense, despite it appearing to be true that MM and CR are being treated differently by some sections of society?

Yes nonsense. Have a think about what your actually saying and the means by which you’re trying to evidence it.

Then have another think to see if your evidence really does justify your claim. 

Best of luck.

18 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I'm white British, but also deaf, disabled and mildly Autistic! I didn't choose to be born either of those 3 and have been bullied and called stuff I can't repeat over the years for it.

Have you changed your user name?   Did you use to post on here as Mr Allen?  He had the same disabilities  as you.  He was very entertaining tho.  

Edited by hauxwell

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Accident?

Not everyone believes their birth was an accident- I certainly wasn't.

that’s what everyone thinks 😀 

41 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Yeah, you don't choose your parents or where you want to be born,  or in what circumstances - if that's what you're implying then fair enough.

That’s exactly what I mean; I think it’s what the term ‘accident of birth’ refers to; it doesn’t mean you were unplanned etc.

At least that’s my understanding.

Accident of birth; to me means we have no control over the circumstances of our birth, so shouldn’t be judged according those circumstances (our sex, race, whatever).

45 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I'm white British, but also deaf, disabled and mildly Autistic! I didn't choose to be born either of those 3 and have been bullied and called stuff I can't repeat over the years for it.

To my mind, anyone who bullies or tries to demean another person for something they had no control over; is only demeaning and belittling themselves.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yes nonsense. Have a think about what your actually saying and the means by which you’re trying to evidence it.

Then have another think to see if your evidence really does justify your claim. 

Best of luck.

What i'm 'actually saying' is that certain sections of society are hypocrites when it comes to their views on some matters.

14 hours ago, Axe said:

Not got a gist. I am a white person and have never been discriminated against because of the colour of my skin.  I acknowledged some white folk in our country may have not obtained jobs they applied for due to positive discrimination being adopted in the recruitment process. 

Haven't you?  First off as far as recruitment goes it should be the best person for the job no matter whether they are black or white or any other shade,  and I also feel offended when someone says black lives matter because it says to me white lives don't where in actual fact what they should be saying is all lives matter, because they do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Haven't you?  First off as far as recruitment goes it should be the best person for the job no matter whether they are black or white or any other shade,  and I also feel offended when someone says black lives matter because it says to me white lives don't where in actual fact what they should be saying is all lives matter, because they do.

No I have never been personally discriminated because I am a white man.  I agree as far as recruitment goes it should be the best person for the job. However, I understand why positive discrimination was adopted in the past for recruitment.  As a white man I do not feel offended when someone says black lives matter.

22 minutes ago, spilldig said:

I also think it’s time now that BLM changed their rallying cry to all lives matter. 

Guest makapaka
43 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

What i'm 'actually saying' is that certain sections of society are hypocrites when it comes to their views on some matters.

Yes some people in the world are hypocritical - that’s not really news though is it?

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I also think it’s time now that BLM changed their rallying cry to all lives matter. 

Why?

26 minutes ago, spilldig said:

when someone says black lives matter because it says to me white lives don't

Where does it say white lives don’t . Youre pretending to be a victim of something.