It's Hard To Be A White Man In Your 60s

14 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Apart from being very dull, often inaccurate and of dubious ownership, GBN is undoubtedly right wing.

Of course, if you sit towards the far right, you might not spot it.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gb-news-uk-bias/

And if you don't like what it has to say you probably call it right wing.

What is your favoured news channel ?

I don't think Eamonn Holmes has a great deal to moan about, he is just making a point on behalf of some of the other white, 60 yearold men.

Personally I think it's just as big an issue for women.

60 isn't that old, but we live in a world that doesn't  value the wisdom that comes (hopefully) with age and experience, and instead worships youth. But that's their loss. We have a most valuable resource and the freedom to use it as we wish. So use it well.

I wouldn't swap places with the youth of today and all their problems both real and imagined. If they don't want to listen, let them get on with it in their own way and sort it out.  We were probably exactly the same at their age. 

But there is a kind of young white man who is confused, probably scared and so resents his loss of status he becomes a real threat, both  to himself and sometimes to others. He's the one to watch out for. He's the one who needs help. He has to find his sense of purpose and direction before it's too late, maybe that's where the old white men can help. 

Edited by Anna B

41 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

And if you don't like what it has to say you probably call it right wing.

What is your favoured news channel ?

I don’t have a favourite news channel.

Did you notice that I supplied you with a link that takes you through the reasons for labelling GBN as inaccurate and right wing?

4 hours ago, Axe said:

All television presenters have a sell by date. They can prolong this date by keeping fit and having a youthful persona. Eamonn Holmes did not help his longevity by doing a television advert for a circulation machine to help people with bad feet.  Kay Burley is of similar vintage to Eamonn Holmes but still has a high profile slot on Sky News. Kay Burley has helped herself by looking youthful, staying slim, dressing nicely and occasionally showing her shapely legs. Kay Burley has more common sense than to do a television advert for products aimed at the elderly. 

David Dimbleby ?

David Attenborough ?

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

I don’t have a favourite news channel.

Did you notice that I supplied you with a link that takes you through the reasons for labelling GBN as inaccurate and right wing?

I saw the link but did not read it as I would rather make my own  views.

I used to be quite averse to right wingers. But watching GB news during the insanity of the global covid over reaction did wonders for my mental health- was very good to be aware that there were people out there who could see that what the authorities were doing was not right.

Disturbingly, all the left wingers seemed to offer was total compliance.

Personally I don't much care about left wing vs right wing- there are clearly highly intelligent and moral people on both sides [and vice versa].

Prior to covid I never would have supported a Tory govt, but, I sure am glad left wingers weren't in charge during covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

I used to be quite averse to right wingers. But watching GB news during the insanity of the global covid over reaction did wonders for my mental health- was very good to be aware that there were people out there who could see that what the authorities were doing was not right.

Disturbingly, all the left wingers seemed to offer was total compliance.

Personally I don't much care about left wing vs right wing- there are clearly highly intelligent and moral people on both sides [and vice versa].

Prior to covid I never would have supported a Tory govt, but, I sure am glad left wingers weren't in charge during covid.

I'm not sure Covid compliance or otherwise has much to do with being right or left wingers. As with Brexitit, it seems to me to be pretty cross party. The only politics involved was Boris Johnson's handling of it,  -and his words and actions contradicted themselves all the time so even he couldn't make up his mind..