We Are Entering A New Puritanical Age (But Without The Religion)

Just now, Chekhov said:

The fact it is expected men and women can be friends in  the same way as men and men may actually make it more difficult.

"When I were a lad" if a man asked a woman out for a drink certain things were understood by an acceptance. She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it", but it was implied she did at least fancy you a bit and if you got on then perhaps it could go further. Now there is, shall we say, far more room for misunderstandings and, quite frankly, embarrassment. And that's before one gets to the odd few Me Too martyrs (the subject of this thread) wanting to make a point "for the good of all womenkind", or whatever cobblers swirls around in their brains.

Yep, remember "Blind Date" presented by the late Cilla Black back in the 80s? The "couples" almost never got on!

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

The fact it is expected men and women can be friends in  the same way as men and men may actually make it more difficult.

"When I were a lad" if a man asked a woman out for a drink certain things were understood by an acceptance. She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it", but it was implied she did at least fancy you a bit and if you got on then perhaps it could go further. Now there is, shall we say, far more room for misunderstandings and, quite frankly, embarrassment. And that's before one gets to the odd few Me Too martyrs (the subject of this thread) wanting to make a point "for the good of all womenkind", or whatever cobblers swirls around in their brains.

I do hope your poor son has access to some decent male role models and grows up to reject the rancid rubbish you post on here.

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The fact it is now apparently expected men and women can be just friends (as easily as men and men) may actually make it more difficult for blokes.

"When I were a lad" if a man asked a woman out for a drink certain things were understood by an acceptance. She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it", but it was implied she did at least fancy you a bit and if you got on then perhaps it could go further. Now there is far more room for misunderstandings and, quite frankly, severe embarrassment. And that's before one gets to the odd few "Me Too martyrs" (the subject of this thread) wanting to make a point "for the good of all womenkind", or whatever cobblers swirls around in their brains.

Accepting the offer of a drink isn't a green light for someone to put their hand on her boob!

4 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

Yep, remember "Blind Date" presented by the late Cilla Black back in the 80s? The "couples" almost never got on!

With Cilla Black's squalking voice still ringing in their ears, I'm not surprised.

Edited by Mister M

3 hours ago, Norbert said:

If you're old enough to be drinking, you're old enough to know not to uninvitedly grope women, or should be.

This is absolute woke BS of the first order. Something that may sound sensible at first but, on deeper inspection is vacuous nonsense.

Tell me Mr Expert, if you are a bloke, possibly (probably) having had a few, snogging a  woman, how are you supposed to know if she'd be quite happy for you to have a grope or is a "Me Too martyr" just waiting for the opportunity to start screaming "sexual assault" ?

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Accepting the offer of a drink isn't a green light for someone to put their hand on her boob!

Are you a farmer ?

If not where do you get all that straw for those straw men ?

What I actually said was :

She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it",

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

I do hope your poor son has access to some decent male role models and grows up to reject the rancid rubbish you post on here.

It’s a shocking state of affairs really. A grown man, with parenting responsibilities, who has such an immature view of sexual relationships. Not only that, but a grown man who lacks the filter that might encourage him to avoid sharing his immature views with the rest of the world.

His lad will have plenty of role models. Some of them will be better than his dad. Unfortunately many will be just like his dad and some will be even worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This is absolute woke BS of the first order. Something that may sound sensible at first but, on deeper inspection is vacuous nonsense.

Tell me Mr Expert, if you are a bloke, possibly (probably) having had a few, snogging a  woman, how are you supposed to know if she'd be quite happy for you to have a grope or is a "Me Too martyr" just waiting for the opportunity to start screaming "sexual assault" ?

Are you a farmer ?

If not where do you get all that straw for those straw men ?

What straw men? You're the one who came up with the hand on boob scenario in your OP :loopy:

3 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Again, absolute cobblers.

What I posted is absolutely true :

The fact it is now apparently expected men and women can be just friends (as easily as men and men) may actually make it more difficult for blokes.

"When I were a lad" if a man asked a woman out for a drink certain things were understood by an acceptance. She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it", but it was implied she did at least fancy you a bit and if you got on then perhaps it could go further. Now there is far more room for misunderstandings and, quite frankly, severe embarrassment. And that's before one gets to the odd few "Me Too martyrs" (the subject of this thread) wanting to make a point "for the good of all womenkind", or whatever cobblers swirls around in their brains.

Exactly which bit of it is "rancid rubbish"