We Are Entering A New Puritanical Age (But Without The Religion)

9 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s a shocking state of affairs really. A grown man, with parenting responsibilities, who has such an immature view of sexual relationships. Not only that, but a grown man who lacks the filter that might encourage him to avoid sharing his immature views with the rest of the world. ...

There's a lot of it about, apparently.

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

"When I were a lad" if a man asked a woman out for a drink certain things were understood by an acceptance. She was not necessarily saying "I'm up for it", but it was implied she did at least fancy you a bit and if you got on then perhaps it could go further. 

A wink always worked for me Cheko.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

That's all very well but of limited use to what we are discussing here.

I do not believe for an instant the lad in the story "had no respect for women", much less that he is some sort of potential rapist. It was far more likely he was having difficulty navigating the tricky course with a girl, although it seems he'd got over the biggest hurdle, the first kiss, as they were, apparently, smooching. How the hell is he supposed to know that :

Kissing - Fine

Snogging - Fine

Hand on boob - Sexual assault, call the coppers !

It's absolute BS.

From my own distant memories getting amorous with a girl is difficult enough, and requires much nerve, without the threat some "Me Too martyr" is going to start claiming sexual assault. Hence the upset reading that story gave me. TBH I was thinking about how my lad is going to have to negotiate this at some time in the future and feeling a bit depressed about our pathetic modern society.

Rather than get depressed about it, I'd sit your son down & talk to him about consent. 

Asking a potential partner if it's alright to touch them is okay, and shows them that you care about their feelings....I know with teenage hormones raging round system, it can be difficult to remember. 

If a girl objects to being touched, it might not be because she's "a me too martyr", but a victim of some earlier assault which is still fresh in her mind. There could be all kinds of possibilities. 

1 minute ago, Padders said:

A wink always worked for me Cheko.

Is your spelling okay Padders?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Rather than get depressed about it, I'd sit your son down & talk to him about consent. 

Asking a potential partner if it's alright to touch them is okay, and shows them that you care about their feelings....I know with teenage hormones raging round system, it can be difficult to remember. 

If a girl objects to being touched, it might not be because she's "a me too martyr", but a victim of some earlier assault which is still fresh in her mind. There could be all kinds of possibilities. 

Is your spelling okay Padders?

He's probably posting on his phone, no spell checker.

55 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I do hope your poor son has access to some decent male role models and grows up to reject the rancid rubbish you post on here.

Now, what would characteristics would a decent role model (particularly as a father) have ? 

You know, the kind of father that the police would relatively rarely see in the criminals they were catching ?

A father who marries the mother, ideally before they even start trying for a family ?

Maybe one who is still with the mother nearly 20 years later having never played away (nor even been tempted to) perhaps ?

Obviously someone who has never taken drugs nor been in trouble with the law, in fact not even tried to avoid his taxes ?

If we're getting really picky we'd want a hard worker, maybe someone who has built his own business up by himself and who is imbued with the work ethic and encourages his son to be so, both at work (OK, not so much these days for that one) but also out of it, for example putting a lot of effort into being good at something, sport perhaps, swimming for instance.

Last, but by no means least, someone who gives his child lots of love and support, and time.

Yes, I'd say that was a decent role model by pretty much anyone's standards, though not yours obviously because you are trolling, but pretty much everyone else.

Edited by Chekhov

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

... because you are trolling, but pretty much everyone else.

Wouldn't that be nice though, eh?  To read your threads and instead of being concerned and astounded by what you choose to share on here, have a bit of a troll about it instead. No love, I'm not trolling, and if you had the tiniest glimmer of self-awareness you'd be able to see that.

9 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Now, what would characteristics would a decent role model (particularly as a father) have ? 

You know, the kind of father that the police would relatively rarely see in the criminals they were catching ?

A father who marries the mother, ideally before they even start trying for a family ?

Maybe one who is still with the mother nearly 20 years later having never played away (nor even been tempted to) perhaps ?

Obviously someone who has never taken drugs nor been in trouble with the law, in fact not even tried to avoid his taxes ?

If we're getting really picky we'd want a hard worker, maybe someone who has built his own business up by himself and who is imbued with the work ethic and encourages his son to be so, both at work (OK, not so much these days for that one) but also out of it, for example putting a lot of effort into being good at something, sport perhaps, swimming for instance.

Last, but by no means least, someone who gives his child lots of love and support, and time.

Yes, I'd say that was a decent role model by pretty much anyone's standards, though not yours obviously because you are trolling, but pretty much everyone else.

How about respecting women?