Special Schools Over Subscribed.

Just now, XPertByExperien said:

Yep, she took over as the boss after Miss Ambler left, sad thing was, I actually liked Ambler, she once took me to her House in Barnsley (thanks for that, got me out of double science on a Thursday), Freeman made Miss Trunchbull from Matilda look Angelic.

Freeman was absolutely vile and had NO business working with vulnerable children.

Funny story....She once accused me of stealing her pen. I didn't steal it but she wouldn't listen then she grabbed me round the neck leaving a slight mark.

My parents were livid and when she had a meeting with my mum she was left under no illusions that if she did it again she'd be dragged out of school and have the same thing done to her. 

She was as nice as pie after that. 

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Kids do spend a lot of time on the school bus, but then a lot of workers will travel to their job. I always view travelling as dead time, almost sixty minutes on a bus, sixty there and sixty back.

School transport is free though.

Indeed, the Taxis were paid by the Council, more often than not though, they were late! It was only because I had an understanding form teacher who knew me missing Assembly most mornings wasn't directly my fault that I didn't spend a LOT of time in detention.

2 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Indeed, the Taxis were paid by the Council, more often than not though, they were late! It was only because I had an understanding form teacher who knew me missing Assembly most mornings wasn't directly my fault that I didn't spend a LOT of time in detention.

SEN schools are very understanding, their buses are often late.

I assume that you attended a mixed SEN and mainstream school.