The Guardian Having A Proper Fume Today.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh right...

Virtue signalling sanctimonious outlets like the Guardian.

imo.

They're not the only ones 'pretending to care'

Had a quick look at the Sun's past efforts of virtue signalling sanctimony, and they have quite a nice line in it. Helpfully they have even collected together examples from the past where the good old current bun have with their readers showed how much they "care":

"For 50 years The Sun has stood by a pledge made in our very first edition to be a virile, campaigning newspaper.

On November 17, 1969, we vowed: “The Sun cares. About the quality of life. About the kind of world we live in. And about people.”

Today, a huge sign in our London Bridge headquarters reminds staff that The Sun “sticks up for the little guy”.

A look back at our campaigns over 50 years and how our generous readers have raised £100m fighting for the little guy | The Sun

You can almost feel the self congratulatory smugness dripping from those pages as senior executives and journalists conveniently omit mentioning how much they cared about Liverpool fans in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster, as they smeared them, lied about them pickpocketing from and urinating on dead bodies. How they genuinely cared so much about "the little guy" they lampooned the former MP Chris Mullin and his efforts on behalf of the wrongly convicted Birmingham six as the "Loony MP Backs Bomb Gang". Because "If the Sun had its way, we would have been tempted to string ‘em up years ago".

God that sanctimony feels so good. In fact after I've gazed at myself admiringly in my hand mirror, I'm going to have some focaccia drizzled with a generous helping of olive oil. Extra virgin, naturally. :roll:

Edited by Mister M