Atomic Heart First Day Update (xbox) problems

XPertByExperien

Above.

The gaming section's been dead for months but if the Mods want to move this there, go ahead.

Initially the problem was lack of internal hard drive space, I've uninstalled a ton of stuff, over 100 Gig, and it still doesn't want to do a 43 Gig update.

I am aware of Google and have Googled to see if there's any issues.

Gaming section is dead, because the new owners changed how the 'interest groups' worked, removed all the personal moderators for each group, and those who 'started/requested' the group, so now I and others rarely go there...

But, some times more space is required than just to 'update' or patch games, depending on what exactly it's patching, it may have to download a patch file (could be 40GB) and also need space to expand a compressed data file/archive, patch the new info and files into that, then re-compress it...

If the update is 40Gb, it's likely the datafile is at larger than, so you'd need more space than just that really.... 

Yeah, this can sometimes work, as downloading it fully again, often downloads the latest version (depends if they have actually patched the file, or just let people update when installing etc) - so many variables affect it in different ways :)

At least you got it sorted :)

12 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

They haven't half buried that section deep, no wonder nobody uses it.

Ghozer sums things up very well in the first lines of post #2 

I would have also added the pinned post by him in this section about how to report issues regarding PCs and other devices.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SCM1 said:

Playing this on PC, gamepass, 

very disappointed in graphics, it has that washed out vaseline smeared colour palette, post production effects, etc, the red flags look like pink!

Could be down to the fact it's streaming, your settings, display/monitor settings, any number of factors!!