Ao The Online Retailer

Fun and games with AO.

I bought a new washer in December. 

By the 18th February it had stopped working so I rang AO to get it sorted. 

Ring the manufacturer they said.

No, I said. I bought it from you.

You must ring the manufacturer they said.

No I said. My contract is with you.

OK they said. We'll ring the manufacturer and get an engineer booked.

OK I said. 

The engineer will be with you in two weeks they said.

Not a chance I said. 

In fairness the lady I spoke to said she'll look for a cancellation and if I'm going to be made to wait that long AO will deal with it as there is no way we can wait 2 weeks for a working washer.

So AO ring me today and say We can't get a cancellation so I'll have to wait for my appointment. No mention of AO sorting it out as promised and when I mentioned that she said "well I can't comment on a call I haven't heard" 

Pull the recording I said.

Then "The_DADDY turns Full male karen".

Get me a manager I said.

I'll get one to ring you she said.

I'll wait I said.

So off she trots and gets a manager who immediately started off by telling me what he can't do.

Anyway, long story short I'm getting a new replacement this Friday which is better than they first said but AO have still lost a customer.

• Like 1

I've just had the opposite from AO. I bought a new dishwasher  which was delivered on the Thursday. I had difficulty fitting it and eventually found the door was not closing evenly on both sides. I  contacted Beko (the manufacturer and the name on the guarantee slip). They organised an engineer to visit (a Sheffield company) which he did the following Tuesday. I  expected him to adjust the door but he said it was faulty manufacturer and I should get a new one and he would send a report to Beko but I should contact the supplier (AO). I did so, had to wait 24 hours for the report, and AO  immediately organised pickup of the faulty one and delivery of a new one,  which all occurred on the following Friday.  So all sorted without any trouble in exactly 1week and 1 day. I'm pleased with the service and will use them again. 

I also found them OK for a washer.  They even contacted me to warn me about the possibility of it catching fire when that Indesit fire risk story was going round.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51298725

I know we're supposed to contact the place we bought it from - and if it were after a week  of purchasing I probably would, or if it was light enough to take back to the shop - but sometimes contacting direct is simpler and cuts out the middleman - especially with any back-and-forth about the issue or repair appointments.

Edited by alchresearch