Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

In a book I am presently reading there is a reference to a 1924 Guardian article of a lecture by a Mr Roscoe which I found interesting.

"It is exceedingly difficult in these days of hustle and noise for people to keep their souls alive .......they lose all real grip on the essentials of life and as a result they become victims of discontent and despair."

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Haven't looked yet.

The thought of trawling through all your past posts is not one which quickens the pulse and I thought ending it all might be a more enjoyable solution.

However, on reflection,  I thought "why make Bundy a happy man?"

Apology accepted.

👍

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/19/texas-cheerleaders-shot-parking-lot-wrong-car

No mention of the race of this shooter, just his name.

They only mention the race when it's white on black.

Could they be anymore racist.

Is it because the reports of the shootings have only been reported in the last 2 hours?

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/19/tyre-nichols-family-sues-memphis-police-lawsuit

No mention of the race of the officers that beat him to death.

Why not?

Here you go 

Screenshot-20230419-212003.jpg

Pure Ghetto trash with badges. 

If guilty they deserve to spend the rest of their days rotting in prison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/19/alabama-shooting-two-arrested-dadeville

No mention of their race in this one either.

Only when the shooter is white I guess.

Their racism is disgraceful.

Listen, as I've explained to you before, if you're going to assert an allegation that any news organisation are deliberately withholding  information on the racial background of the perpetrators or victims of a crimes for political capital, you at least need to look at the reporting of all crimes across a time frame, and find out whether information about either the perpetrator's or the victim's ethnic background relating to the crime is relevant. Not only that, not be selective about the crimes you choose to highlight, but across all crimes. 

Why is that important? Simply because it eliminates any cognitive biases you have.

Right from the get go, you've had a bit between your teeth about the alleged racism and sexism of the Guardian. Why the Guardian? Why not the Independent, the Financial Times or the Daily Express? 

How do we know that you're not filtering out any reports from the Guardian which disprove your theory? So is there any confirmation bias?

You also seem to have a particular focus on racism where the victim is white, or sexism where the victim is male. Any particular reason?

You also need to look in the wider context of news values. I'm not going to go into detail and explain that here. Suffice to say it would be worth you investigating them. Otherwise, you'll have spent all this time reading through copies of the Guardian, reporting back here thinking you've won a victory; and people will be sat behind their computers laughing at you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/19/alabama-shooting-two-arrested-dadeville

No mention of their race in this one either.

Only when the shooter is white I guess.

Their racism is disgraceful.

The race of the officers mentioned here: Tyre Nichols death: five ex-officers plead not guilty to murder charges | Tyre Nichols | The Guardian 

and here: Sixth Memphis police officer fired for role in arrest of Tyre Nichols | Tyre Nichols | The Guardian

• Thanks 1