Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

In the quoted article, the author makes the point that folks are not responsible for their innate biological sexual preferences.

She states, "‘I can’t just decide to not fancy Cate Blanchett’"

While that may be true, there are some people around who are drawn to all kinds of bizarre sexual preferences. Including tranny lap dances, and some more esoteric practices, thet cannot be mentioned in polite company.

Society at some point has to regulate this undeniable urge, and does.

The societal question at issue here is where the lines should be drawn.

Edited by trastrick

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/26/anti-monarchy-pressure-group-optimistic-amid-coronation-apathy

More bitterness and a needless mention of age and race.

They are disgraceful.

"At least 10 of those present were journalists, including a Japanese TV news camera crew, and the sense of a not-entirely-youthful and largely white audience of the converted being preached to was hard to avoid."

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

No.

I just like highlighting racism, sexism, nonsense and pure hatred for fellow humans.

The left don't like it being pointed out when it's their side doing it.

There are numerous threads pointing out grievances about the right, so why not the left?

Is that a problem?

No you keep doing it!

It keeps you off the other threads :hihi:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

That's not the link I posted.

We were talking The Guardian here, as I recall! :)

What's wrong with you folks?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/24/trump-treason-constitution-election-republicans-robert-reich

The link that you quoted via The Guardian refers to the article by Reich.....as does  the link to the same article reported by Fox News.

i.e.it seems to be a newsworthy item across the press and not peculiar to aThe Guardian.

Thanks for asking ,but nothing wrong with us folks.

Edited by RJRB

Just now, RJRB said:

The link that you quoted via The Guardian refers to the article by Reich.....as does  the link to the same article reported by Fox News.

i.e.it seems to be a newsworthy item across the press and not peculiar to aThe Guardian.

Thanks for asking ,but nothing wrong with us folks.

I remind you again, we are talking about the Guardian's slant on news reporting, which is clearly  demonstrated in their choice of clickbait headline.

I was commenting on the Guardian headline:

"Trump committed treason and will try again. He must be barred from running" -Robert Reich

There's no mention of Reich's long time connections to the Clintons. It's unlikely most Guardian readers would even  know who Reich is!

Contrast that with FoxNews' take:

"Former Labor Secretary Reich says election officials should refuse to put Trump on 2024 ballot over 'treason"

Former Democratic Labor Secretary Robert Reich says former President Trump should be disqualified from ballot for committing 'treason' against Constitution

See:

The FRONTLINE Interview: Robert Reich

PBS

https://www.pbs.org › Home › Articles › U.S. Politics

Sep 27, 2016 — Robert Reich's friendship with Hillary Clinton dates back to their days as undergraduates, when the two met for a student government summit ...

50 years of supporting the Clintons!  :)

If you can't see a difference in reporting, don't worry about it.

As usual, it's all over your head!  :)

Edited by trastrick

@trastrickAnd as usual you attempt to construct an argument out of nothing.

Of course there is a different in emphasis between Fox and The Guardian but both report the original comments by Reich.

Given the trash pushed by Fox in recent times I find their report commendable and perhaps reflects a more balance and responsible approach.

If Trump has a friendship dating back 50 years I would expect them to support him

That’s improbable I know as most allies seem to fall victim to his fragile ego after a while.😁

19 hours ago, RJRB said:

@trastrickAnd as usual you attempt to construct an argument out of nothing.

Of course there is a different in emphasis between Fox and The Guardian but both report the original comments by Reich.

Given the trash pushed by Fox in recent times I find their report commendable and perhaps reflects a more balance and responsible approach.

If Trump has a friendship dating back 50 years I would expect them to support him

That’s improbable I know as most allies seem to fall victim to his fragile ego after a while.😁

"And as usual you attempt to construct an argument out of nothing"

There is no argument here.

Just opinions on the topic at hand, which is the The Guardian's editorial presentation of news, that it chooses to provide to it's readers.

You decided to compare The Guardian's treatment of the article, to a Fox News report on the same news item, and found the Fox News Report to be "commendable and perhaps reflects a more balance and responsible approach" than the Guardian's approach.

We agree!

Edited by trastrick

26 minutes ago, trastrick said:

We agree!

I am afraid not.

To clarify,I did not intend to compare the Fox headline with that of The Guardian.

I just found it commendable for Fox to report on an article critical of Trump which perhaps reflects on their recent bad publicity for pushing a narrative that they knew to be false.