Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It's no surprise though is it.

They are absolutely disgusting with their racism and anti semitic bile

Yet folk will still defend them because they are on " my side"

They are abhorrent.

Absolutely disgusting - that's why Bundy reads it every single day.

Edited by Organgrinder

10 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I read most papers online.

Glad you agree it's disgusting though.

👍

The Guardian -Today

3163.jpg?width=1300&quality=45&dpr=2&s=n

‘The crowd were saying, “Kill him, kick him to death”’: what happened to the people who protested against King Charles?

"When the queen died last year, republicans balked at the fawning response to the succession. Some even found themselves under arrest for minor acts of protest, such as heckling. Ahead of next week’s coronation, three tell their tales".

Turns out the extremists, weren't the protestors, but the police and the King's supporters!  :)

Read all about it, here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/29/the-crowd-were-saying-kill-him-kick-him-to-death-what-happened-to-the-people-who-protested-against-king-charles

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The Guardian -Today

3163.jpg?width=1300&quality=45&dpr=2&s=n

‘The crowd were saying, “Kill him, kick him to death”’: what happened to the people who protested against King Charles?

"When the queen died last year, republicans balked at the fawning response to the succession. Some even found themselves under arrest for minor acts of protest, such as heckling. Ahead of next week’s coronation, three tell their tales".

Turns out the extremists, weren't the protestors, but the police and the King's supporters!  :)

Read all about it, here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/29/the-crowd-were-saying-kill-him-kick-him-to-death-what-happened-to-the-people-who-protested-against-king-charles

Absolute parasites ain't they.

As if people were saying "kick him to death"

How people can defend this organisation is beyond me, it really is. They are a disgrace.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Absolute parasites ain't they.

As if people were saying "kick him to death"

How people can defend this organisation is beyond me, it really is. They are a disgrace.

A sign of the decline of Western Society!

And you expect to export your hateful, dysfunctional, and financially bankrupt, crisis laden, colonial "New Liberal World Order"?

Nobody's buying it!  :)

Let's have another go at straight men day in the guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/apr/30/my-husband-wont-lift-a-finger-to-help-me-should-i-stay-or-go

No mention whether the man is watching TV or relaxing because he is tired from working all day.... Na, he is just the problem.

Meanwhile hating hoovering and washing towels is not frowned upon here, let's give this chap some free publicity for his album!!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/apr/30/sunday-with-tom-rasmussen-i-hate-washing-my-towels

They just can't see their bias can they.  

Even that dumb to print a picture of a man lifting his feet up so the woman can clean, then printing an article directly below promoting the music of a  man even though he states he hates hoovering and washing.

Outstanding work!

😂😂🤡🤡

Edited by Al Bundy

Back to their racist ways.

Mentioning the race of those involved.

"He put him a hold that you can only apply from behind,” James said. “The white guy did it out of aggression to a homeless person, and he [Neely] had no chance of defending himself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/03/jordan-neely-death-new-york-city-subway

No mention of the chap protecting passengers from the victims aggressive nature though.

Cretins.

Edited by Al Bundy

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Back to their racist ways.

Mentioning the race of those involved.

"He put him a hold that you can only apply from behind,” James said. “The white guy did it out of aggression to a homeless person, and he [Neely] had no chance of defending himself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/03/jordan-neely-death-new-york-city-subway

No mention of the chap protecting passengers from the victims aggressive nature though.

Cretins.

Really surprised that you haven't gone with this 

An image that should never have been published, and lessons that must be learned | Elisabeth Ribbans | The Guardian

I didn't see the cartoon when it was initially published, and when I did I had to listen to a podcast about the anti-semitic tropes that were used in there. 

The podcast was about how the ubiquity of these anti- Semitic images means that most don't even notice them when they are there.

46 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Really surprised that you haven't gone with this 

An image that should never have been published, and lessons that must be learned | Elisabeth Ribbans | The Guardian

I didn't see the cartoon when it was initially published, and when I did I had to listen to a podcast about the anti-semitic tropes that were used in there. 

The podcast was about how the ubiquity of these anti- Semitic images means that most don't even notice them when they are there.

It was mentioned on another thread.

I am just glad that more and more folk are seeing the Guardian for what is it.