Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

...or this Richard Sharp is a public figure and fair game for satire. The use of antisemitic tropes is notDave Rich  Guardian

...or this An image that should never have been published, and lessons that must be learned Elisabeth Ribbans Guardian

Part of the cartoonists apology:

"What I’m feeling now is enormous regret, idiocy and deep shame at the needless upset I’ve caused to people through my thoughtlessness, people I never intended to offend. I also feel shame at my own stupidity in failing to apply the rigour I called for in the apology. As I should." Martin Rawson

The Guardian apology:

"A cartoon (published in the newspaper on 29 April 2023, and online the day before) about the resignation of the BBC chairman, Richard Sharp, did not meet our editorial standards, and we decided to remove it from our website. The Guardian apologises to Mr Sharp, to the Jewish community and to anyone offended."

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

It was mentioned on another thread.

I am just glad that more and more folk are seeing the Guardian for what is it.

And other outlets like the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph when using anti Semetic tropes against Ed Milliband to taunt him when he was leader of the Labour party.

Funny how people quickly forgot about that when they're gloating about The Guardian.

Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

And other outlets like the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph when using anti Semetic tropes against Ed Milliband to taunt him when he was leader of the Labour party.

Funny how people quickly forgot about that when they're gloating about The Guardian.

But Daily Telegraph....

Rather than condemn the Guardian for it's blatant racism, sexism and vile division tactics, you would rather lazily spout about what others have done!!

Your political bias is spectacular, I will give you that.

Surprised at you to be honest, thought you were better than that.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

But Daily Telegraph....

Rather than condemn the Guardian for it's blatant racism, sexism and vile division tactics, you would rather lazily spout about what others have done!!

Your political bias is spectacular, I will give you that.

Surprised at you to be honest, thought you were better than that.

I have condemned the Guardian. And I will do again.

I also condemn people who claim they are anti racist, anti sexist and against vile division tactics, but who are more concerned with using racism and sexism as a stick to beat the Guardian with, but when it happens in other newspapers are seemingly not bothered.

If I was as biased as you, I would not have come onto this thread and pointed out where I think the Guardian has been racist.

You need to address your own biases. Even more spectacular than mine!

If you genuinely cared about racism, you wouldn't care where it comes from, which newspaper shows it, rather than creating a whole thread to grind your axe against the Guardian which I think is weird.

Edited by Mister M

Just now, Mister M said:

I also condemn people who claim they are anti racist, anti sexist and against vile division tactics, but who are more concerned with using racism and sexism as a stick to beat the Guardian with, but when it happens in other newspapers are seemingly not bothered.

If I was as biased as you, I would not have come onto this thread and pointed out where I think the Guardian has been racist.

You need to address your own biases. 

If you genuinely cared about racism, you wouldn't care where it comes from, rather than creating a whole thread to grind your axe.

Exactly.

👍

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12049615/Pair-thugs-killed-Good-Samaritan-rushed-aid-girl-jailed-life.html

In Sheffield...

Anyone spot the difference between this report by the daily mail and the Guardian ones?

Clue for you....... No mention of race or racism.  Just thugs, no need to mention anyone's race.

:roll:

seems its YOU that has an issue with race...and the left as you seem to bring it up every 5 minutes, whereas the rest of us dont really care, the majority of people are probably keeping an eye on the local elections and laughing.

18 hours ago, Mister M said:

You need to address your own biases. Even more spectacular than mine!

If you genuinely cared about racism, you wouldn't care where it comes from, which newspaper shows it, rather than creating a whole thread to grind your axe against the Guardian which I think is weird.

But 'other' sources are constantly smeared as -ist/-phobic and is a generally held assumption by the public... the reason this thread exists is to point out the hypocrisy of the whiter-than-white Leftie rag that is struggling to keep it's own house in order at the minute.

And it's a joke talking about the sticks used to beat the Guardian when it's usually the Guardian and their ilk using an array of sticks to beat others to widen the divides they apparently despise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

:roll:

seems its YOU that has an issue with race...and the left as you seem to bring it up every 5 minutes, whereas the rest of us dont really care, the majority of people are probably keeping an eye on the local elections and laughing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/05/jordan-neely-subway-death-new-york-society

Look at how many times the racist guardian mention the races of those involved, even assuming racism was at play.

Yet here you are attacking the person who is highlighting racism and racial bias from a leading publication just because they sit on your side of the fence!!

How pathetic is that!

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/05/jordan-neely-subway-death-new-york-society

Look at how many times the racist guardian mention the races of those involved, even assuming racism was at play.

Yet here you are attacking the person who is highlighting racism and racial bias from a leading publication.

id say more an extremist, with an obsession?