Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

22 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Clearly, you have managed to confuse yourself with the Guardian... again! :hihi:

Of all the posters on this forum, there can't be many who that description could be more accurate of, than you!

It's killing you that I am correct.

Don't fight it, just accept it.

👍

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

It's killing you that I am correct.

Aye, you're so correct the best you can manage when your posts are called out for what they are... is a smiley emoji...

...to even attempt a denial would be laughable. :thumbsup: :roll:

Don't fight it, just accept it.

If only "it" wasn't something that's way more applicable to your output...

...but also, stooping that low would play havoc with my back! :?

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/12/jordan-neely-nyc-subway-death-daniel-penny-manslaughter-second-degree

"Penny, who is white and a former US marine, was initially detained and questioned by police immediately after the incident but was released without charges."

Those horrible race baiters making it a black and white issue again even though it's absolutely irrelevant.

A few things the guardian failed to mention...

A New York City police spokesperson told Newsweek that Neely's record has 42 prior arrests, dating between 2013 and 2021. They include four for alleged assault, while others involved accusations of transit fraud and criminal trespass. At the time of his death, Neely had one active warrant for an alleged assault in connection with a 2021 incident.

Edited by Al Bundy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/12/jordan-neely-nyc-subway-death-daniel-penny-manslaughter-second-degree

"Penny, who is white and a former US marine, was initially detained and questioned by police immediately after the incident but was released without charges."

Those horrible race baiters making it a black and white issue again even though it's absolutely irrelevant.

A few things the guardian failed to mention...

A New York City police spokesperson told Newsweek that Neely's record has 42 prior arrests, dating between 2013 and 2021. They include four for alleged assault, while others involved accusations of transit fraud and criminal trespass. At the time of his death, Neely had one active warrant for an alleged assault in connection with a 2021 incident.

Have you got a job Bundy, or at least a hobby?

If you did you wouldn't have time to read a newspaper you don't like looking for things to be offended about. 

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If you did you wouldn't have time to read a newspaper you don't like looking for things to be offended about. 

Semi retired. 

Hobby..... rescuing cats and dogs and trying to find them homes.

No comments about the aforementioned rag as per usual, just lame attacks on the poster.

Textbook.

Edited by Al Bundy

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

To be fair , you scour many newspapers and other sources looking for snippets about  the Tories to be offended about .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Semi retired.

No comments about the aforementioned rag as per usual, just lame attacks on the poster.

Textbook.

Well it's a nice change from lame attacks on newspaper articles that this thread is bunged up with.

Have you found an article where the attackers are all white, and the victim is black? Then you could compare the reportage of the incident across a range of newspapers. Or would that not fit into your cognitive biases, and probably sound too much like hard work anyway.

Macrame is a nice hobby to start off with.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Well it's a nice change from lame attacks on newspaper articles that this thread is bunged up with.

Have you found an article where the attackers are all white, and the victim is black? Then you could compare the reportage of the incident across a range of newspapers. Or would that not fit into your cognitive biases, and probably sound too much like hard work anyway.

Macrame is a nice hobby to start off with.

Still no comments on the aforementioned rag?

Just still attacking the poster.

Textbook.

Don't read my posts if they upset you.

👍

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

To be fair , you scour many newspapers and other sources looking for snippets about  the Tories to be offended about .

Because I'm interested in current affairs. 

It's not as if I start with a predisposition that I'm going to be offended by the Tories, and how they respond, or don't to various problems....Though as I said on another thread, the Tory chickens are coming home to roost.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Still no comments on the aforementioned rag?

Just still attacking the poster.

Textbook.

Don't read my posts if they upset you.

👍

They don't upset me!

Yes I'll  comment on the Guardian. It's the newspaper which I read the most because I find it the most reliable and fair minded. Of the few opinion pieces which I guess will annoy me, I tend not to bother with.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Because I'm interested in current affairs. 

It's not as if I start with a predisposition that I'm going to be offended by the Tories, and how they respond, or don't to various problems....Though as I said on another thread, the Tory chickens are coming home to roost.

But you are offended by the Tories . Thats why you look for the  negative news and post it .