Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

is it not right to highlight something which may mean people cant live despite having a decent minimum wage?

Since we have a decent minimum wage shouldnt other things be worked on to help improve things for workers now?

Is it right that if they get sick through no fault of their own they then cant afford to pay the bills and starts a cycle of getting into financial troubles?

Its not about showing the UK in a negative light its highlighting issues we have, they actually show the minimum wage in a good light so it cant all be to show us in a negative light

Oh please....

What about that ridiculous story about the razor wire then?

Why would they print that?

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

First of all, my post which quoted yours was not attacking you. Speaking for myself the reason why I've not addressed the issues, is because as I've said earlier I don't think there are any issues to address. 

Myself and others on here have pointed out the various flaws in your research methodology. The problem isn't with the Guardian and its writers, it's you. 

Now you can disagree with various articles that's fine. Opinion columns do what they say on the tin. 

But you can't simply expect people to agree with you when all you do is throw brickbats from one side of the fence, while completely ignoring the likes of the Mail,Sun ,Telegraph, Express etc etc. If you do that, of course people are going to pull you up on it. Not least for being completely disingenuous.

Fair enough.

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well that's not true is it.

I can't recall any more than one poster other than you who keeps quoting that rag.

I take it therefore, that only you and him read it so it can't be "our side"  it must be "your side" instead.

Hands up who reads this horrible rag besides Bundy & Grey ?     I don't

Just now, Organgrinder said:

I can't recall any more than one poster other than you who keeps quoting that rag.

I take it therefore, that only you and him read it so it can't be "our side"  it must be "your side" instead.

Mister M?

Just now, Organgrinder said:

You are wrong.

Bundy and Grey.....I like it, sounds like a law firm!!

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Is it right that if they get sick through no fault of their own they then cant afford to pay the bills and starts a cycle of getting into financial troubles

a fundamental difference between left and right seems to be, the left expect someone else to pickup the tab for someones misfortune, the right tend to try to look after themselves. Don't spend it all, and you have something to use when misfortune occurs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

ta

that story seems to mostly be about abuse against migrants by Greece etc, it also seems to be the Humanitarian charities that are moaning about injuries from the wire, shouldnt the Guardian report on Humanitarian news items in case it offends your right wing sensibilities?

6 minutes ago, fools said:

a fundamental difference between left and right seems to be, the left expect someone else to pickup the tab for someones misfortune, the right tend to try to look after themselves. Don't spend it all, and you have something to use when misfortune occurs.

but if you dont get enough to not spend it all how do you not spend it all?

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ta

that story seems to mostly be about abuse against migrants by Greece etc, it also seems to be the Humanitarian charities that are moaning about injuries from the wire, shouldnt the Guardian report on Humanitarian news items in case it offends your right wing sensibilities?

but if you dont get enough to not spend it all how do you not spend it all?

But why have a bash at the UK when it's a border with Poland and Belarus?

They can't help themselves. Like I said, any excuse to bash the UK.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

But why have a bash at the UK when it's a border with Poland and Belarus?

They can't help themselves. Like I said, any excuse to bash the UK.

they didnt, they said it was built with help by the UK army, if it is it is, it looks more like theyre bashing Greece and Orban tbh

Edited by melthebell