Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

Just now, harvey19 said:

I have never seen any articles anywhere on these topics.

Ah okay. I'm sure that they will be there. 

In fact the BBC did a whole series of television programmes dedicated to famous people researching their ancestry - "who do you think you are".

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Ah okay. I'm sure that they will be there. 

In fact the BBC did a whole series of television programmes dedicated to famous people researching their ancestry - "who do you think you are".

I saw some of those very interesting programmes.

But we keep hearing about the horrors of slavery but no follow up after they arrived in their new countries.

Also there is never any mention of the atrocious living conditions of the majority of people in this country at that time.

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

But we keep hearing about the horrors of slavery but no follow up after they arrived in their new countries.

Also there is never any mention of the atrocious living conditions of the majority of people in this country at that time.

I don't know of any specific programmes that I can point you to, though this might be a good place to start:

BBC - Search results for SLAVERY

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Blame the ones you still doff your cap at for both

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't know of any specific programmes that I can point you to, though this might be a good place to start:

BBC - Search results for SLAVERY

Thank you.

I will have a look later.

I have had a quick look through the topic titles but none seen to address the issues I mentioned.

That is not saying those issues are not addressed if I were to read the entire topics.

Edited by harvey19

37 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Blame the ones you still doff your cap at for both

Exactly!

Impossible to believe that he could think that the ruling party at the time were responsible for one but not the other.

That's what comes of not living in the real world.

49 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Exactly!

Impossible to believe that he could think that the ruling party at the time were responsible for one but not the other.

That's what comes of not living in the real world.

You found any posts of mine confirming your accusations of me being a racist yet.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

I would like to see one of these writers do a piece about,

1...Whether the people brought to other countries had a better life in the developed countries than if they had stayed in their home countries.

Well, the ones who didn't survive the voyage certainly didn't have a better life. Rather than insinuating that people were better off as slaves and asking for other people to disprove it, why don't you go and find some proof that they were.

2..How many people or their descendants returned to their original countries when they were able.

What is the "original country" of someone who's previous four generations of ancestors have only ever know they came from some other continent?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

What are you envisaging the follow up to be for those transported across the Atlantic to be slaves?

There have been plenty of programmes about life for the poor in this country at that time. If you haven't noticed them, you haven't been paying attention. None of them described treatment close to that which slaves had to suffer.

• Thanks 1