Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

29 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I read most online papers.

Just like highlighting racism, sexism, hypocrisy and exposing bitter and nasty columnists.

I am sure The Guardian are very pleased with you for providing publicity and increasing their revenue.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I read most online papers.

Just like highlighting racism, sexism, hypocrisy and exposing bitter and nasty columnists.

👍

It's a pity that The Daily Telegraph is behind a paywall, then you'd get a right eyeful of racism, sexism, hypocrisy and bitter and nasty columnists.

Though you probably agree with what they write.

43 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's a pity that The Daily Telegraph is behind a paywall, then you'd get a right eyeful of racism, sexism, hypocrisy and bitter and nasty columnists.

Though you probably agree with what they write.

Strange how the lefties are more interested in attacking the poster highlighting these issues rather than addressing the rag printing them because they can't face up to one of their side writing and enabling such bile.

How incredibly childish, but not surprising whatsoever.

Edited by Al Bundy

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Strange how the lefties are more interested in attacking the poster highlighting these issues rather than addressing the rag printing them because they can't face up to one of their side writing and enabling such bile.

care to actually explain what you find offensive about the article you posted? as it seems to be none of the things you mentioned

It simply seems to be highlighting other negatives despite now having a decent minimum wage, like if you  get sick you dont actually get paid for the first 3 days. How do you pay your bills if you arent able to pay your bills through no fault of your own? surely it then means people are foced to use that other one of your bug bears, benefits.

Edited by melthebell

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

How can it be ""one of our side" when there's only you reading it.

Don't know anyone on here who does.

Talk about hypocrites

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

How can it be ""one of our side" when there's only you reading it.

Don't know anyone on here who does.

Talk about hypocrites

Well that's not true is it.

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

care to actually explain what you find offensive about the article you posted? as it seems to be none of the things you mentioned

It simply seems to be highlighting other negatives despite now having a decent minimum wage, like if you  get sick you dont actually get paid for the first 3 days. How do you pay your bills if you arent able to pay your bills through no fault of your own? surely it then means people are foced to use that other one of your bug bears, benefits.

I don't find it offensive.

I find it absolutely pathetic that they try to find absolutely anything that shows the UK in a negative light, just like that ridiculous story yesterday about the razor wire.

They are like petty mean children but want to come across as this bastion of equality and fairness. Their hypocrisy is astonishing. They have no shame.

Edited by Al Bundy

31 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

First of all, my post which quoted yours was not attacking you. Speaking for myself the reason why I've not addressed the issues, is because as I've said earlier I don't think there are any issues to address. 

Myself and others on here have pointed out the various flaws in your research methodology. The problem isn't with the Guardian and its writers, it's you. 

Now you can disagree with various articles that's fine. Opinion columns do what they say on the tin. 

But you can't simply expect people to agree with you when all you do is throw brickbats from one side of the fence, while completely ignoring the likes of the Mail,Sun ,Telegraph, Express etc etc. If you do that, of course people are going to pull you up on it. Not least for being completely disingenuous.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well that's not true is it.

I don't find it offensive.

I find it absolutely pathetic that they try to find absolutely anything that shows the UK in a negative light, just like that ridiculous story yesterday about the razor wire.

They are like petty mean children.

is it not right to highlight something which may mean people cant live despite having a decent minimum wage?

Since we have a decent minimum wage shouldnt other things be worked on to help improve things for workers now?

Is it right that if they get sick through no fault of their own they then cant afford to pay the bills and starts a cycle of getting into financial troubles?

Its not about showing the UK in a negative light its highlighting issues we have, they actually show the minimum wage in a good light so it cant all be to show us in a negative light

• Like 1