Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My maternal grandparents moved from Jamaica to Stroud as part of the Windrush movement. I’m proud to still live here....

....but ill change it because I'm a racist clown.

There, fixed it for them.

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My maternal grandparents moved from Jamaica to Stroud as part of the Windrush movement. I’m proud to still live here....

....but ill change it because I'm a racist clown.

There, fixed it for them.

many Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people reportedly view the countryside as an “an exclusive, mainly white, mainly middle‑class club”

What's he getting at?

It's kind of worrying who the left seem to hold in high regard.

Here they are championing someone who was a cheat, a drug addict and lost custody of her children due to negligence.

"Paula is the real story of a singular woman who was both ahead of her time and totally of it, which explores how she shaped, and was shaped by, the seismic changes in British culture and celebrity and what it meant to be a successful woman in that era. “Paula’s battle to ‘have it all’, torn between the duties of family life and her own personal career and happiness in the magnifying glare of a world determined to judge her, provide a powerful lesson for today’s world and women fighting the same issues 40 years later.”

🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/feb/27/channel-4-documentary-paula-yates-two-part-special

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

many Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people reportedly view the countryside as an “an exclusive, mainly white, mainly middle‑class club”

What's he getting at?

Hang on Al, you've not picked up on the fact that the person who wrote the article is wearing this jumper:

Dan Guthrie

It almost looks like a rainbow flag! A gay pride flag :o

Discusting.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Hang on Al, you've not picked up on the fact that the person who wrote the article is wearing this jumper:

Dan Guthrie

It almost looks like a rainbow flag! A gay pride flag :o

Discusting.

I don't notice things that I am not scrambling around all day looking for. It's kind of telling that you actually noticed it to be honest.

Your spelling is worse than my linking capabilities by the way.

👍

Just now, Al Bundy said:

I don't notice things that I am not scrambling around all day looking for. It's kind of telling that you actually noticed it to be honest.

Your spelling is worse than my linking capabilities by the way.

👍

But that's the whole point of this thread - purposefully looking for something which you hope will provoke a reaction.

I'm a regular Guardian reader, and enjoy many of its articles.