Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

Zakball comes home as Crawley rewards England’s indulgence in style

Opener’s 189 was a reflection of the risk-free privilege of his upbringing but it was one of England’s greatest Ashes innings

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jul/20/zakball-comes-home-as-crawley-rewards-englands-indulgence-in-style

I mean, can you just not say "well done" ffs?

F1jFj-2XsAE75ah?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by alchresearch

12 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Zakball comes home as Crawley rewards England’s indulgence in style

Opener’s 189 was a reflection of the risk-free privilege of his upbringing but it was one of England’s greatest Ashes innings

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jul/20/zakball-comes-home-as-crawley-rewards-englands-indulgence-in-style

I mean, can you just not say "well done" ffs?

F1jFj-2XsAE75ah?format=jpg&name=small

Not when write a 'sports' piece for that paper no - you have to bring in totally irrelevant loads of codswallop to prove you're a crap journalist.

8 minutes ago, Hecate said:

What's a zakball?

No idea - and neither had the writer of that load of twaddle.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Not when write a 'sports' piece for that paper no - you have to bring in totally irrelevant loads of codswallop to prove you're a crap journalist.

No idea - and neither had the writer of that load of twaddle.

I get it now I've had a look.  Need to know that the Crawley bloke is called Zak, so it's like 'Football's coming home', the Baddiel and Skinner song.  Article's in the sports section, so the headline likely works straight away there.

14 minutes ago, Hecate said:

What's a zakball?

I will save you some time.

Basically it's some kind of nickname for the batsman in question, however in true bitter Guardian style, they are crying about the chap having a privileged upbringing because his dad is rich so therefore, according to the bitter Guardian he has had more chances to shine than others.

They can't enjoy anything can they without some dig.

Edited by Al Bundy

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

I get it now I've had a look.  Need to know that the Crawley bloke is called Zak, so it's like 'Football's coming home', the Baddiel and Skinner song.  Article's in the sports section, so the headline likely works straight away there.

In which case,  I wish it would concentrate on the sport and not go off in an avalanche of garbage.

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I will save you some time.

Basically it's some kind of nickname for the batsman in question, however in true bitter Guardian style, they are crying about the chap having a privileged upbringing because his dad is rich so therefore, according to the bitter Guardian he has had more chances to shine than others.

Which has zero to do with his sporting abilities, but that 'journalist' is clearly too thick to realise.

Meanwhile, they give kudos to this nonsense, even though the girls in question offer sexual favours and it has erotic undertones.

"Cherry Crush – a wig-wearing, elf-eared creator who barks and makes “nom nom nom” sounds – both maintain OnlyFans accounts with explicit content, but there’s nothing overtly sexual about their NPC streams"

Oh, so that's ok for kids to watch then?

Another beauty.....

I have mad respect for people who are doing this for more than two hours a day.

Mad respect!!!!!!

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Thank goodness Zak Crawley ain't doing this sort of thing as they would really go to town on him!!!!

Absolute parasites.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/19/tiktok-npc-streaming-live-stream-pinkydoll#cobssid=s

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

In which case,  I wish it would concentrate on the sport and not go off in an avalanche of garbage.

Which has zero to do with his sporting abilities, but that 'journalist' is clearly too thick to realise.

Thick and incredibly nasty and bitter.

Edited by Al Bundy

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Meanwhile, they give kudos to this nonsense, even though the girls in question offer sexual favours and it has erotic undertones.

"Cherry Crush – a wig-wearing, elf-eared creator who barks and makes “nom nom nom” sounds – both maintain OnlyFans accounts with explicit content, but there’s nothing overtly sexual about their NPC streams"

Oh, so that's ok for kids to watch then?

Another beauty.....

I have mad respect for people who are doing this for more than two hours a day.

Mad respect!!!!!!

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Thank goodness Zak Crawley ain't doing this sort of thing as they would really go to town on him!!!!

Absolute parasites.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/19/tiktok-npc-streaming-live-stream-pinkydoll#cobssid=s

Unfortunately I need to 'register to continue reading', but if the pictures of the 'content creators' are anything to go by - no thanks.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Unfortunately I need to 'register to continue reading', but if the pictures of the 'content creators' are anything to go by - no thanks.

Basically they are championing girls who sell sex online.  But that's fine.

But Zak Crawley, the privileged batsman!!!!!!!