Whats Happening In Guardian Land Today

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The Guardian is making an incident seem like a racist attack without any evidence whatsoever...

Imagine how embarrassing it would be to find out that the Mail's coverage of this incident also described the people involved as "seemingly divided over racial lines" :?

There is no substantive difference between the two pieces, except the obvious.

The Guardian, at no point, says anything that every other paper didn't, including the Mail!

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

and you think it's ok because the probability is that it probably was.

Well... I understand what I'm reading, so there is that! :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/08/alabama-riverfront-brawl

All about the  folks colour, even though it's not at this time anything to do with a race or a hate crime.

They want you to know that 3 WHITE men face assault charges though, got to make sure that's the headline.

To repeat....... There is absolutely zero evidence that the incident has anything to do with race.

Why are they so obsessed with folks skin colour?

Edited by Al Bundy

22 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/08/alabama-riverfront-brawl

All about the  folks colour, even though it's not at this time anything to do with a race or a hate crime.

They want you to know that 3 WHITE men face assault charges though, got to make sure that's the headline.

To repeat....... There is absolutely zero evidence that the incident has anything to do with race.

liberal guilt for being born white?

And systemic racism for seeing black people as needing more help in life?

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I don't feel guilty about anything my race or country has done in the past

I'm proud to be white

Our race has advanced our planet by thousands of years

And the UK has brought civilization to the four corners of the planet and with that we have given other nations and races the opportunity to advance themselves too 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I think there is a lot of truth in that. 

It's incredibly condescending but they just can't see it can they.

43 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm proud to be white

And the UK has brought civilization to the four corners of the planet and with that we have given other nations and races the opportunity to advance themselves too 

With me it’s not so much about being proud, but more about not being ashamed of my ethnicity. However in certain circles of today’s society even this will label me as being racist.

48 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm proud to be white

Some of us don't have "white guilt", simply because we are not racist. I live happily among locals in a country that is considered black. I have a black partner! I judge people on merit, not on color of skin, and where I live that is the attitude of the population at large.

Color prejudice would be complicated in my country. There are black Dominicans, white Dominicans and every color and shade in between. You'd need to track your prejudices with a laptop spreadsheet daily :)

I believe White Guilt is a condition caused by one's own racist innermost prejudices, low expectations of black people, which results in seeing racism in every human interaction, and the need to shout and virtue signal from the rooftops to publicly denounce it!

Likewise, governments run Lotto schemes and rely on the working classes who profess to hate the rich, to buy most of the tickets, because they really want to be rich themselves.

Human nature!  :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crookesey said:

With me it’s not so much about being proud, but more about not being ashamed of my ethnicity. However in certain circles of today’s society even this will label me as being racist.

Well that rules you out of ever working for the racists at the Guardian.

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Some of us don't have "white guilt", simply because we are not racist. I live happily among locals in a country that is considered black. I have a black partner! I judge people on merit, not on color of skin, and where I live that is the attitude of the population at large.

Color prejudice would be complicated in my country. There are black Dominicans, white Dominicans and every color and shade in between. You'd need to track your prejudices with a laptop spreadsheet daily :)

I believe White Guilt is a condition caused by one's own racist innermost prejudices, low expectations of black people, which results in seeing racism in every human interaction, and the need to shout and virtue signal from the rooftops to publicly denounce it!

Likewise, governments run Lotto schemes and rely on the working classes who profess to hate the rich, to buy most of the tickets, because they really want to be rich themselves.

Human nature!  :)

Bingo.

That's you also ruled out of being employed by the racists at the Guardian.

Still it will prevent you from witnessing their self loathing.

Edited by Al Bundy

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

The Guardian hasn't made any claim that wasn't also made by every other paper, or news organisation, that covered this incident. :?

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

They're not, any more than any other paper... and certainly, nowhere near the levels you repeatedly show you are! 🤣

43 minutes ago, Magilla said:

The Guardian hasn't made any claim that wasn't also made by every other paper, or news organisation, that covered this incident. :?

They're not, any more than any other paper... and certainly, nowhere near the levels you repeatedly show you are! 🤣

Show me another article that mentions of the colour of the people involved on more than 10 occasions.

The Guardian has a sick obsession with skin colour that I want to highlight ,just accept it, don't fight it.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy