Fisherpersons

I have many friends who are fishermen and fisherwomen  but although I never broach the subject their pass time fascinates me .

Not because they call it a sport as its obvious it is not in any way a sporting event , No its because it looks such a mind bodaling waste of time .

I mean how can any one sit for hours ,days , weeks dangling a line into a pond hoping to hook a little fish on on a      well!!!!!!a hook .

I can understand sea fishing on a tossing boat a little as that looks exciting with the waves spraying water and wind into ones face , This is battling the elements just a little un less the boat goes down then its really man against the elements and a fairer contest .

Also one can eat a nice cod or shark , these fish can also bite back if they get a chance before being clobbered with a lump of lead or summat .

I talk to Fisher people most days who sit around our local pond in deep  thought but yesterday this conversation set me thinking , 

My pal Bill Walker was sat in deep bushes a place I had never seen him before , he was crouched down with a short rod pointing into the shallows , his feet were in the water .

"What tha doing Bill " l shouted , "Bill turned and put his figure up to lips indicating that he wanted silence ,  He then returned to his dangling line and was as still as a cat storking a mouse .  Thats when it hit me , The  fish must be able to hear .  So I left him to it .

53 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I have many friends who are fishermen and fisherwomen  but although I never broach the subject their pass time fascinates me .

Not because they call it a sport as its obvious it is not in any way a sporting event , No its because it looks such a mind bodaling waste of time .

I mean how can any one sit for hours ,days , weeks dangling a line into a pond hoping to hook a little fish on on a      well!!!!!!a hook .

I can understand sea fishing on a tossing boat a little as that looks exciting with the waves spraying water and wind into ones face , This is battling the elements just a little un less the boat goes down then its really man against the elements and a fairer contest .

Also one can eat a nice cod or shark , these fish can also bite back if they get a chance before being clobbered with a lump of lead or summat .

I talk to Fisher people most days who sit around our local pond in deep  thought but yesterday this conversation set me thinking , 

My pal Bill Walker was sat in deep bushes a place I had never seen him before , he was crouched down with a short rod pointing into the shallows , his feet were in the water .

"What tha doing Bill " l shouted , "Bill turned and put his figure up to lips indicating that he wanted silence ,  He then returned to his dangling line and was as still as a cat storking a mouse .  Thats when it hit me , The  fish must be able to hear .  So I left him to it .

Angler is the preferred name and it is a sport and its not boring.  Try it before you  knock it. 

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

They wear herring aids Cuttsie.

• Haha 3