Fisherpersons

Just now, cuttsie said:

Sport is man or woman vs other men or women , not against animals ,birds etc . Thats not a fair contest unless its fighting a lion bare handed that is 

When was the last time you fought a Lion with your bare hands, Johnny Weissmuller. :hihi:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Sport is man or woman vs other men or women , not against animals ,birds etc . Thats not a fair contest unless its fighting a lion bare handed that is 

What's that then where all the men and some lasses get out their wicker baskets, and traipse of to some remote location in Lincolnshire, funny places like the "Saucepan and Kettle Drain"

Then they get their pegs out, and fish for a Trench.

I've never quite understood this fishing game..

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

What's that then where all the men and some lasses get out their wicker baskets, and traipse of to some remote location in Lincolnshire, funny places like the "Saucepan and Kettle Drain"

For many fisherpeople I think it's the peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings, and the time to breath easy and contemplate life, rather than the actual catching of fish. On the other hand for some people it's a competative battle, man against beast, (I know...)  for food, which has an almost primeval appeal.

Either way, eat them or put them back, it seems a reasonable pursuit in the scheme of thngs, especially if you're a meat eater. 

What I think needs more control is these massive trawlers vacuuming the sea bed, and killing fish that don't meet EU regulations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I once went on Midhill club weekend fishing in Ely , Most of the fisherpersons just got pithed in the hostel , perhaps six or seven were serious hunters and had a miserable weekend sat on a drain wet through and freezing , The fish won as they caught nowt .

• Like 1