Animal Activists Stage Sit In.

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Agreed, @Ghozer - and if I'd gone shopping for eggs on Sunday, I would have bought them - 'Animal Rebellion' or no 'Animal Rebellion' with their (to me) weird ideas.

Do these individuals not understand the human digestive system is not designed for a plant based diet?

I'll throw the space cake away then.

Edited by Alextopman

It was all a bit of nothing -about a dozen brain washed numpty's sat in front the eggs holding placards nothing else ,an older guy who looked as though he had been dragged in off the street seemed to be the spokesman . He was trying to engage anyone who would listen to their arguement . Thankfully very few paid any attention to them . They didn't shut Sainsbury's everyone just ignored them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A couple of observations:

1. These demonstrations are never in the likes of say, ASDA at Parsons Cross.  Always in a middle class area/store.

2. Boxes of free range eggs are really not terrible in the scheme of things.  What about low quality, factory farmed processed meat sold by chain fast food outlets, often brought by numpties that drop the packaging and uneaten food from this, littering the streets and even worse those that drive into the countryside with it and dump their trash there polluting the environment.

But no, they would rather pick on that middle class couple in Millhouses buying a box of free range eggs as being the real villains🤦‍♂️

Edited by redruby

24 minutes ago, redruby said:

A couple of observations:

1. These demonstrations are never in the likes of say, ASDA at Parsons Cross.  Always in a middle class area/store.

Presumably the aim was to have a peaceful protest and get some attention in the traditional and social media. And that's what they've done.  Why risk some hair trigger grunter throwing punches when they can have a few tuts and sighs from the slightly inconvenienced instead.

24 minutes ago, redruby said:

2. Boxes of free range eggs are really not terrible in the scheme of things.  What about low quality, factory farmed processed meat sold by chain fast food outlets, often brought by numpties that drop the packaging and uneaten food from this, littering the streets and even worse those that drive into the countryside with it and dump their trash there polluting the environment.

But no, they would rather pick on that middle class couple in Millhouses buying a box of free range eggs as being the real villains🤦‍♂️

Maybe you could arrange a protest.

19 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

My experience of going in there is its like Gods waiting room.

Like I said, next time they can try it somewhere else. Asda at Parsons Cross, maybe. Lets see how they get on there.

Parson Cross. 

Edited by Baron99

9 hours ago, Hecate said:

Presumably the aim was to have a peaceful protest and get some attention in the traditional and social media. And that's what they've done.  Why risk some hair trigger grunter throwing punches when they can have a few tuts and sighs from the slightly inconvenienced instead.

Maybe you could arrange a protest.

I don’t want to. What I’m saying is that is those that want to protest about animal welfare/environmental issues etc perhaps should consider targeting the worse issues rather than just cause than cause a few tuts and sighs in the leafy suburbs over a few boxes of free range eggs.      Almond milk production isn’t great for the environment but strangely there are no protests about that. Some would say halal meat is cruel but they are silent on that too.  
It all just comes across like Piers, Jocasta, Tarquin and Willow throwing a tantrum and whilst they get publicity I suspect they lose more support than they gain.

9 hours ago, Hecate said:

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes.

I have friends from PX that tell me it’s Parsons Cross. So there 🤣

Edited by redruby

35 minutes ago, redruby said:

... What I’m saying is that is those that want to protest about animal welfare/environmental issues etc perhaps should consider targeting the worse issues rather than just cause than cause a few tuts and sighs in the leafy suburbs over a few boxes of free range eggs. ...

Again, they wanted a peaceful protest that would gain the attention of the media, traditional and social, and that's exactly what they got.  You're surely not suggesting that they choose a location that might resort in a protest that turns nasty, are you, when they can and did achieve their goal with minimal disruption for others.

And of course if they did protest about one of the causes you suggest  - one of the 'worse issues' - you wouldn't be on here complaining about it, right? 

35 minutes ago, redruby said:

... It all just comes across like Piers, Jocasta, Tarquin and Willow throwing a tantrum and whilst they get publicity I suspect they lose more support than they gain. ...

Ah, apparently you would.