Average Pay: What's The Truth?

4 hours ago, spilldig said:

I know exactly what you mean. It was a very misguided policy. You would turn up for an interview even though the successful candidate had already been decided upon long before.

Its been going on for years,  people side stepping into other jobs within companies,  but they have to advertise by law apparently. :huh:  its like playing leap frog in No10. :hihi:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spilldig said:

I know exactly what you mean. It was a very misguided policy. You would turn up for an interview even though the successful candidate had already been decided upon long before.

Yep, back when I was on the Jobseekers in the late 90s, that literally happened more than once, like I lived in Stannington back then, and they'd send me for interviews like, down Attercliffe and that, I'd get there in a shirt and tie armed with my CV and "Record of Achievement" from College and school, and it'd turn out they'd given the job to some 16 year old barely out of Nappies, on the "New Deal" scheme! The final straw was going for an interview at a Taxi Office in Firth Park, I didn't want the job but I was forced because of the "looking for work 24/7 rules" I got there and there was a 16 year old right there doing what would've been MY job!

Suffice to say I hit the roof and marched straight down to Hillsborough job centre and told them to stick the poxy £35 a week Dole money and I was coming OFF JSA effective immediately.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

If you don't qualify for a full state pension are you not able to get other assistance to make up the shortfall?

Probably not, because by the time I reach Pensionable age both my Parents will be stock in trade at John Fairest's (Undertaker's) 😢

1 hour ago, XPertByExperien said:

Probably not, because by the time I reach Pensionable age both my Parents will be stock in trade at John Fairest's (Undertaker's) 😢

Why would that stop you getting state welfare or other types of payment to support you?

I really do think you need to look into this properly. You seem to be doing a lot of speculation and assuming of things that don't quite make sense.

There is lots of information on the net about how housing benefit may be available,  attendance allowance, disablement benefit, fuel payments, payments for medical or transportation, pension credits.....  If you have had limited or no paid employment throughout your life and already been reliant on state benefits, I simply don't believe it just stops when you hit pension age.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why would that stop you getting state welfare oiler types of payment to support you?

I really do think you need to look into this properly. You seem to be doing a lot of speculation and assuming of things that don't quite make sense.

There is lots of information on the net at about how housing benefit may be available,  attendance allowance, disablement benefit, fuel payments, payments for medical or transportation, pension credits.....  If you have had limited or no paid employment throughout your life and already been reliant on state benefits, I simply don't believe it just stops when you hit pension age.

I've been on HB (Housing Benefit) since I moved into the Flat in S3 (which will be 17 years in August), I have no fuel payments as I don't drive and probably never will.

I'll do some Googling on the topic.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

If you don't qualify for a full state pension are you not able to get other assistance to make up the shortfall?

Someone solely getting the state pension will be getting less money than someone getting pension credit because they don't qualify for the full state pension. It's a crazy system.

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The state pension, even with pension credit, is not enough to live on.

I emailed the CAB last night after Googling the Sheffield branch, no response yet.

They would employ suited jobsworths with the communication skills of a Duck in government organisations! :loopy: 

2 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I emailed the CAB last night after Googling the Sheffield branch, no response yet.

They would employ suited jobsworths with the communication skills of a Duck in government organisations! :loopy: 

What a terrible thing to say about a duck..   REPORTED!!!!

• Haha 1