Bbc Commissions 4th 'Mini' Series Of Mrs Brown's Boys

21 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree.    Loved Les Dawson and his pal taking two old women off gossiping with their arms folded, and hair curlers in , and a turban on and the old fashioned aprons on.

" I was sat looking at the sky last night, it was a harvest moon, the milky way stretched across the heavens in glorious luminosity, Jupiter was in the constellation of Capricornus and I thought to myself, I really must get round to putting a roof on this outside toilet. "

Les was a gud un.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

" I was sat looking at the sky last night, it was a harvest moon, the milky way stretched across the heavens in glorious luminosity, Jupiter was in the constellation of Capricornus and I thought to myself, I really must get round to putting a roof on this outside toilet. "

Les was a gud un.

Fantastic ! He wrote a lot of his own jokes didn’t he ?

9 minutes ago, francypants said:

Mrs Brown's Boys is not funny at all  ......  in fact it's just plain disgusting.    😠

I agree.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Seriously?

Why dont you see the Black and White Minstrel Show on television anymore? The answer is the same.

I can understand why we don’t see The Black and White Minstrel Show anymore, but what are they to do with Les Dawson ?

Most of the comedy shows that were made 40 or 50 years ago wouldn't be allowed to use the same scripts today. If they did Ofcom would be overwhelmed with complaints.

38 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Fantastic ! He wrote a lot of his own jokes didn’t he ?

He did and was actually a very good pianist despite his piano ' performances ' on stage.

With regard to the thread title I wasn't a fan of Mrs Brown's Boys,  my favourite Irish comedy series being Father Ted.

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

Not half ! It never was funny,so why bring it back ! Now bring back some of Les Dawson’s shows and then I really can laugh !

Not happening, the BBC's got a cob on about old comedy that's not er "PC", Les Dawson was anything but PC as I recall.

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

He did and was actually a very good pianist despite his piano ' performances ' on stage.

With regard to the thread title I wasn't a fan of Mrs Brown's Boys,  my favourite Irish comedy series being Father Ted.

Yes, Father Ted has a very subtle type of humour . I must admit I’m very fond of the American stand up type of humour like Bob Hope . The only one like him is Billy Connelly.

11 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

Not happening, the BBC's got a cob on about old comedy that's not er "PC", Les Dawson was anything but PC as I recall.

The Beeb wouldn't know comedy if it  tapped them on the head, that is why there is so much garbage on  the Beeb these days. Steptoe, Porridge, Fools and Horses are just some of the comedays that can't be competed with because there isn't that standard of talent around today. :roll: