Eurovision Song Contest.

8 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Just as a point of interest(maybe to a few on here, anyway) but...
... The Baubles currently have a BIG following in Malaysia! :suspect:

Yep, it's a bit of a puzzle to me too, but their "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" video is currently receiving lots of interest... in March!!! :hihi:

The people of Malaysia obviously have impeccable musical taste...
... but I'd be interested to hear anyone's ideas as to WHY this might be happening 3 months late! :confused:

Interesting question Mr. Bloke...

I've had a look on "The Baubles" facebook page, and they are currently touring Asia.

Having played to standing ovations in Nepal, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Laos, Singapore, Kuwait, Mongolia, Qatar, and Brunei.

Unfortunately the last stop on the tour is Malaysia, so understandably the Malaysians, after waiting so long, are excited at seeing there hero's perform.

"The Baubles" will be returning to the UK on the 31st of March, and will be taking up residence at an Ingoldmells camp site on April 1st...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Padders said:

Interesting question Mr. Bloke...

I've had a look on "The Baubles" facebook page, and they are currently touring Asia.

Having played to standing ovations in Nepal, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Laos, Singapore, Kuwait, Mongolia, Qatar, and Brunei.

Unfortunately the last stop on the tour is Malaysia, so understandably the Malaysians, after waiting so long, are excited at seeing there hero's perform.

"The Baubles" will be returning to the UK on the 31st of March, and will be taking up residence at an Ingoldmells camp site on April 1st...

:)

Ah!

That would explain it then, Mr Padders...
... I knew I could rely on their number 1 fan to come up with a simple explanation and solve the mystery!

Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

The Will Ferrel film about the Eurovision  competition shows how daft it is and also shows the type of daft  people who watch it.  :roll:

Well based on the viewing figures there must be an awful lot of "daft" people in your opinion.

What makes you so intellectually superior to be passing judgement on others?  Do you not watch things for entertainment or are you the sort of arrogant arse who thinks anything below the level of a Checkov play or televised chess is somehow seen as dumbing down.

There are lots of things I personally don't like. Lots of things that I personally think are downmarket. But it does not give me a right to be insulting about those who choose to watch it.  Even less so when they are clearly a majority.

Whether you like it or not, Eurovision is a massive global event which draws a crowd that only is equal by something like a major sporting tournament. There is not another television show on the planet that brings in such draw on a global scale all at the same time. People like it for its entertainment value and that is why they keep tuning in to something that's been consistently on air for 66 years.  Name me much else of such equal magnitude.

So I suspect you are in the minority with your opinions on its viewers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well based on the viewing figures there must be an awful lot of "daft" people in your opinion.

What makes you so intellectually superior to be passing judgement on others?  Do you not watch things for entertainment or are you the sort of arrogant arse who thinks anything below the level of a Checkov play or televised chess is somehow seen as dumbing down.

There are lots of things I personally don't like. Lots of things that I personally think are downmarket. But it does not give me a right to be insulting about those who choose to watch it.  Even less so when they are clearly a majority.

Whether you like it or not, Eurovision is a massive global event which draws a crowd that only is equal by something like a major sporting tournament. There is not another television show on the planet that brings in such draw on a global scale all at the same time. People like it for its entertainment value and that is why they keep tuning in to something that's been consistently on air for 66 years.  Name me much else of such equal magnitude.

Hmmm... :huh:

Being in the minority doesn't mean you're wrong!

Just ask the Remainers on here... :hihi:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I bet you get dressed up in your Trekky or some Glam Rock Costume to watch this Rubbish. :gag:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Viewers only watch it because it's rammed down their throats, plus the fact there's nowt on t'other stations, especially on a Saturday night...

Almost everybody I know is exactly like Mr. Presley...