Eurovision Song Contest.

The Eurovision Song Contest IS entertaining, if that's your thing. While I'd agree that there is undoubtably a lot of crap entered, the past 4 or 5 years has produced some great songs too. As always, it's a mixed bag. Whinging about how crap it is proves nothing. The fact it's sold out so quickly shows just how popular it is.

If it ain't your thing, go back to horse racing and ferrets.

All soap operas suck - apart from The Archers.    

23 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

The Eurovision Song Contest IS entertaining, if that's your thing. While I'd agree that there is undoubtably a lot of crap entered, the past 4 or 5 years has produced some great songs too. As always, it's a mixed bag. Whinging about how crap it is proves nothing. The fact it's sold out so quickly shows just how popular it is.

If it ain't your thing, go back to horse racing and ferrets.

All soap operas suck - apart from The Archers.    

If it wasn't for the Ukraine crisis, we'd have won last year.

That "Spaceman" song by some lad called Sam (not Smith) was quite good.

I gather this year's contest's being held here (well for obvious reasons they can't do it in Ukraine at the moment, even though they won)

Oh I do love this sort of thread.

The whole "...I don't like it and anyone that does is wrong..." syndrome.   

Well clearly plenty of people do like it considering last one had, over 161 million viewers for the grand final across the globe.  There was nearly 9 million viewers in the UK alone.

I personally don't like football but I cannot sit here dismissing it's prominence, economic impact and popularity.  In fact, very similar to football, Eurovision attracts a global crowd during its tournament, has massive fandom followings, house parties specifically for the event, massive ticket sales for selll out venues and huge television ratings including many countries, not even part of the contest.

Whatever ones personal taste, it can hardly be written off of some not entity. It's been going on every year since 1956.

As Xpert says, there has clearly been some sympathy judging for Ukraine but the fact is - it's still being held in this country which is a massive boost to our profile and economy right now.

As a Brucie bonus, it's not even london centric and gets a bit of long overdue profile up north Which whatever way one looks it is a good thing

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well clearly plenty of people do like it considering last one had, over 161 million viewers for the grand final across the globe.  There was nearly 9 million viewers in the UK alone.

I personally don't like football but I cannot sit here dismissing it's prominence, economic impact and popularity.  In fact, very similar to football, Eurovision attracts a global crowd during its tournament, has massive fandom followings, house parties specifically for the event, massive ticket sales for selll out venues and huge television ratings including many countries, not even part of the contest.

Whatever ones personal taste, it can hardly be written off of some not entity. It's been going on every year since 1956.

As Xpert says, there has clearly been some sympathy judging for Ukraine but the fact is - it's still being held in this country which is a massive boost to our profile and economy right now.

As a Brucie bonus, it's not even london centric and gets a bit of long overdue profile up north Which whatever way one looks it is a good thing

Thing is though, the last time the UK actually won was in 1997, ring any bells? :rolleyes: 

The voting's all Political anyway, little tiny "Eastern Bloc" countries gang up and vote for each other in return for "Political favours", and everyone hates the UK mostly because of Brexit, and the fact our country's being run by numpties.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Ah come on, some days you just cannot not like football. Like yesterday.

🤣🔥🤣🔥🤣

• Haha 1