Eurovision Song Contest.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Don't build your hopes for Britains entry from Mae Muller (  who ever she is ? )  its as weird as the whole competition and the people who watch it. :roll:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well, I thought it was the last remaining beacon of hope in an ever-depressing world of nationalistic mumbo-jumbo...

... an event where jolly, like-minded souls of all creeds and colours(can I still say that?) join together to celebrate a fleeting moment of racial harmony...

... and a chance for the most artistic minds on the planet to come together and display their finest inflatable costumes...

... with musicians of a calibre rarely seen or heard by anyone who's not had the pleasure of experiencing a Saturday afternoon impromptu recital outside the Moor Market!

What's not to like? :hihi:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Don't build your hopes for Britains entry from Mae Muller (  who ever she is ? )  its as weird as the whole competition and the people who watch it. :roll:

At least that song will ensure that we don't have the expense of hosting it next year. 

1 hour ago, XPertByExperien said:

The last good song we entered was "Making your mind up" by Bucks Fizz 42 years ago IMO.

Remember the act? The guys pulled Cheryl Baker and the other one's skirts off! :lol: 

That would probably be considered sexual assault or misogynistic these days.

5 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

The last good song we entered was "Making your mind up" by Bucks Fizz 42 years ago IMO. ...

No, it was this one from 1982:

Now that's the sort of quality we need for Eurovision :D .

On 09/03/2023 at 18:01, Hecate said:

No, it was this one from 1982:

Now that's the sort of quality we need for Eurovision :D .

It's fair to say the the UK didn't shine across the competition in the 80s.

Apart from the 'love them or loathe them 'offerings by Bucks Fizz and Bardo, they were entirely forgettable.

Like this from Vikki for instance. Rings no bells at all. She loses marks for song naffness and Eliane Paige haircut, but got to admit I like the blue tights/blue dress combo. Lookin' good.....

36 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

It's fair to say the the UK didn't shine across the competition in the 80s.

Apart from the 'love them or loathe them 'offerings by Bucks Fizz and Bardo, they were entirely forgettable.

Like this from Vikki for instance. Rings no bells at all. She loses marks for song naffness and Eliane Paige haircut, but got to admit I like the blue tights/blue dress combo. Lookin' good.....

Ha!  I was convinced that I'd never heard of that one, but having played it, I do remember it.  1985 was my prime listening to Radio 1 and recording the charts, so I must have absorbed it subliminally while listening to Wham and Aha  :D .

The only things I remember about Eurovision, apart from Bucks Fizz and Bardo, are the German entry by Nicole called A Little Peace (it must have been in the charts as I recall having the single), and Johnny Logan winning about thirty times for Ireland.

21 hours ago, Hecate said:

Ha!  I was convinced that I'd never heard of that one, but having played it, I do remember it.  1985 was my prime listening to Radio 1 and recording the charts, so I must have absorbed it subliminally while listening to Wham and Aha  :D .

The only things I remember about Eurovision, apart from Bucks Fizz and Bardo, are the German entry by Nicole called A Little Peace (it must have been in the charts as I recall having the single), and Johnny Logan winning about thirty times for Ireland.

It's incredibly twee, but 'A Little Peace' is one of my favourite songs.