Mazher Iqbal

6 minutes ago, Jonnyc said:

And you're a moron 😂

If you actually got your facts right, you'd find out that it is still in review and has not been cancelled. You are clearly one of the tree hugging lefties I was talking about. Please get your facts right if you want to make a comment on my posts. 

It’s been shelved.

You should ask that charm school for a refund, by the way.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

It’s been shelved.

You should ask that charm school for a refund, by the way.

And you should try to have an independent thought instead of making negative comments on everyone else's posts. Let's see what your views are, if we can pull you away from Lorraine 😁

5 minutes ago, Jonnyc said:

And you should try to have an independent thought instead of making negative comments on everyone else's posts. Let's see what your views are, if we can pull you away from Lorraine 😁

You make a lot of assumptions, don’t you?

Maybe that’s your problem. 

Anyway, in my opinion, it is excellent that the council are finally doing something to clean up the air in the city centre. The CAZ shouldn’t be a problem for any business with decent vehicles. 

I would like to see more parking in the city centre. That also needs tying in with better, cheaper public transport.

What we don’t need is to bow down to a bunch of reactionaries who want to carry on polluting the place and justifying that because they run a business. 

I note that you claim to “give” your employees a decent wage. I’d say that they earned a decent wage. A subtle difference in attitude.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Do they get paid ,or do the expenses compensate, do they park for nowt .

What would be interesting is if ambulances, council vehicles, gritting lorries who fall foul of the CAZ emissions have to pay for 'polluting' the environment? 

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

You make a lot of assumptions, don’t you?

Maybe that’s your problem. 

Anyway, in my opinion, it is excellent that the council are finally doing something to clean up the air in the city centre. The CAZ shouldn’t be a problem for any business with decent vehicles. 

I would like to see more parking in the city centre. That also needs tying in with better, cheaper public transport.

What we don’t need is to bow down to a bunch of reactionaries who want to carry on polluting the place and justifying that because they run a business. 

I note that you claim to “give” your employees a decent wage. I’d say that they earned a decent wage. A subtle difference in attitude.

We have decent vehicles which pass the emissions test yearly, so targeting businesses is the wrong route. Why not target all vehicles? Make all the vehicles polluting the environment pay? In fact, why not ban all vehicles from the city centre? Oh wait, that's the next step!  Why not help businesses to replace their vehicles if they are the problem, not offer a few grand while is a drop in the ocean now that vans have depreciated due to no one wanting them, and newer vans prices have gone through the roof because people want them now. 

FYI, all my employees get a very good wage as well as bonuses, but like I said, there's no bonuses this year and at least 5 people will be made redundant this year. 

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Purely out of interest, why has a topic on Mazher Iqbals' dodgy behaviour suddenly swung to the 'pollution' angle. There are plenty of other topics to discuss that?

Hmmm... :huh:

It's just Mr S in full flow with his tried and tested deflection technique aimed at getting the thread removed, Mr Rolling.

Expect a full-on argument anytime soon where a 'sacrificial' user account will attempt to get the thread deleted.

It's worked MANY times in the past for threads people DON'T want to be discussed, coincidentally at the time when local elections are imminent...

... just ignore him! :roll:

1 hour ago, Jonnyc said:

The people who voted these morons in are responsible for what is happening to Sheffield. Labour, the Green Party and Lib Dems. The tree hugging lefties who want us all on bikes and filthy, unreliable public transport. I run several businesses in Sheffield, and employ quite a number people, giving them a decent wage so they are able to put food of their tables. But I can guarantee you this, by the end of the year, some of those people will be made redundant because we have to find the money to change vehicles because of the CAZ zone, find more money for utilities because of the energy price rises, and pay off a bounce back loan that we had to take out because of Covid, with little help from the government. You're obviously someone who doesn't own a business, because if you did, you would understand where I am coming from. The policies that are brought in have long standing implications for everyone.  Not only businesses, but suppliers, staff, and customers. There's enough people on here who like to comment negatively on my thread, but I'd like to know where they stand on what is happening to Sheffield? 

You say the people that voted these morons in but that is not the tree hugging lefties because they hate the council.

I can understand your business is suffering and  Yes, I  have had a business but am now retired.

You need to understand that everyone is suffering in one way or another, except those at the top of course, who never do.

I presume that the CAZ is the reason for your troubles and for your hatred of the council.

As you very quickly start to describe people as tree hugging lefties, I presume that you are a righteous righty and would never vote Labour.

Now we are getting to the bottom of the problem so just enquire who has ordered the clean air zone to be implemented and you will find it's the guys that YOU VOTE FOR.

Yes, the Tory government.

A lot of us disagree with the way Sheffield council has implemented the CAZ and can find faults with it's operation but,   it's not the tree huggers to blame so get on to your friends the Tories.