Look Leeds (North) Strikes Again

Look North strikes again with it's up to date and relevant news coverage of the travel situation in Sheffield by saying NOTHING about -

FIRST BUS CANCELS all services in Sheffield - I hope they get fined

No Trains between Sheffield and Manchester or onwards from Sheffield to Cleethorpes

They did report on some numpties from Leeds who went to a concert in Manchester and tried getting back on the M62 over the Pennines in the midst of the blizzard and were apparently delayed by over an hour.

Look (Leeds) North showing it's cutting edge journalism yet again and the presenters fake smiles that they are clearly told to do really grind my gears 🙂

I still love living in Sheffield - Leeds is full of .......

21 minutes ago, Owenblade said:

Look North strikes again with it's up to date and relevant news coverage of the travel situation in Sheffield by saying NOTHING about -

FIRST BUS CANCELS all services in Sheffield - I hope they get fined

No Trains between Sheffield and Manchester or onwards from Sheffield to Cleethorpes

They did report on some numpties from Leeds who went to a concert in Manchester and tried getting back on the M62 over the Pennines in the midst of the blizzard and were apparently delayed by over an hour.

Look (Leeds) North showing it's cutting edge journalism yet again and the presenters fake smiles that they are clearly told to do really grind my gears 🙂

I still love living in Sheffield - Leeds is full of .......

Reported.

Calm down, I doubt @SFBeca will do anything.

Yes, there is a bias towards Leeds. Even Bradford seems to get more coverage than Sheffield.

To some extent I blame the Council's lack of PR and Marketing. They need to do more to promote Sheffield and build a relationship with outside media.

They need to go to Look North with interesting and newsworthy events/ incidents, rather than waiting for Look North to come to them. I hope there is someone overseeing this. 

We never seem to have been very good at this, and in the age of mass media and internet etc it's a huge and expanding necessity. 

We need someone media savvy and influential at the helm. 

Edited by Anna B

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Why? Apart from being inaccurate, there was nothing 'reportable' about that post.

I thought masked swearing upset your delicate sensibilities. Or was it that you don't understand what a devils advocate is

Edited by fools

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Swearing is not needed, but the 'dots' could be anything. In  any case, I, personally, only object when it is clearly aimed at individuals.

the penny finally drops, strange that you egged on a mod to suspend people who said the same thing a few weeks ago, whilst clearly insulting people

Edited by fools

Just now, fools said:

the penny finally drops, strange that you egged on a mod to suspend people who said the same thing a few weeks ago

The 'egging on' you refer to was borne of a dislike of repetitive swearing within single posts, which, IMHO, points to a lack of linguistic ability on the posters part.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

The 'egging on' you refer to was borne of a dislike of repetitive swearing within single posts, which, IMHO, points to a lack of linguistic ability on the posters part.

you are imagining things again, there was no swearing by the people you were gloating about, they were asking a question