Poor Old Gary Lineker

10 hours ago, Axe said:

Just watched Match of the Day and thought it was better without the pundits and commentary.  The crowd noise played a better prominence.  

Mi mate just said the same thing, I didn't see it

10 hours ago, Axe said:

Just watched Match of the Day and thought it was better without the pundits and commentary.  The crowd noise played a better prominence.  

It was absolute garbage. Also made no consideration whatsoever for those with visual impairments (they didnt even have a voice over during the table at the end for crying out loud), it probably broke a few OFCOM regulations on that score. 

What has been funny though is Tory MPs falling over themselves on Twitter to declare how good it was.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Be interesting to see the viewing figures compared to normal shows.

I never watch it but did last night out of curiosity.

That will also be claimed as a victory by Tory MPs too if the viewing figures are higher. More people watched it so people must have preferred it, when in reality its the equivalent of people slowing down on the M1 to gawp at a car crash on the other side of the road.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was absolute garbage. Also made no consideration whatsoever for those with visual impairments (they didnt even have a voice over during the table at the end for crying out loud), it probably broke a few OFCOM regulations on that score. 

What has been funny though is Tory MPs falling over themselves on Twitter to declare how good it was.

The new format might not be to everyone's taste.  However, if I was one of those BBC pundits or commentators who refused to work yesterday I would be worried today that I may have made myself redundant. 

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

... What has been funny though is Tory MPs falling over themselves on Twitter to declare how good it was.

They would've said it was even better than the usual footy programme if it'd been two blokes slapping each other with damp cod while reading out the results.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

The new format might not be to everyone's taste.  However, if I was one of those BBC pundits or commentators who refused to work yesterday I would be worried today that I may have made myself redundant. 

Absolutely not. If televised football, including highlights, was apparently so much better with either a) no comms, b) no opinions, or c) both, ask yourself why its not the industry standard.