Poor Old Gary Lineker

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Tbf to Lineker hes not pretending to be some political force for good or anything, he just happens to post things now and again on his personal accounts when he feels the need, like we all do.

He made a mistake probably without realising the full connotations of his phrase.

He should have just apologised saying he later acknowledged the upset he had caused unintentionally.

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

He made a mistake probably without realising the full connotations of his phrase.

He should have just apologised saying he later acknowledged the upset he had caused unintentionally.

He knew the full connotations of the comment because he asked the question "Am I out of order?"

Yes he should have apologised because he was out of order.

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

26 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

He knew the full connotations of the comment because he asked the question "Am I out of order?"

Yes he should have apologised because he was out of order.

Oops one too many quotes, cant get rid of the blank one sorry.

Who? Lineker? the BBC has reinstated him, he did nothing wrong, the BBC are in the wrong (but trying to save face) saying it was about impartiality when it wasnt anything of the sort and its the BBC who have been shown to be politically biased with their board and managing directors political persuasions.

51 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is undoubtedly Gary Lineker's greatest victory.  If Gary Lineker had been as determined on the football pitch, played dirty and been booked a few times then England may have won the World Cup in 1986 or 1990, 

Much as been said about the Tory party regarding this matter but they have not been hypocritical and resorting to political point scoring .  At PMQ's last week the Labour party's stance was not to agree with the 1930s Germany comparison. 

Lucky the game has the offside rule because he would spent the full 90 minuets stood on the goal line.  He couldn't tackle and as soon as he recieved the ball he would pass the ball anywhere so he wouldn't get tackled.  The Big Girls Blouse.  :hihi:

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Oops one too many quotes, cant get rid of the blank one sorry.

Who? Lineker? the BBC has reinstated him, he did nothing wrong, the BBC are in the wrong (but trying to save face) saying it was about impartiality when it wasnt anything of the sort and its the BBC who have been shown to be politically biased with their board and managing directors political persuasions.

The BBC have been seen to be incompetent in their habndling of the situation.

After suspending him they should have stuck by their decision to demonstrate their values.

By not doing so it appears that viewing figures are their priority.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The BBC have been seen to be incompetent in their habndling of the situation.

After suspending him they should have stuck by their decision to demonstrate their values.

By not doing so it appears that viewing figures are their priority.

Its funny how you lot read into differently from normal people, hes done nothing wrong, read my post further up about it, hes done nothing different to what he did two other times (posting critically on his own twitter account) in which the BBC said he was perfectly entitled to do so.

Whereas, numerous political hosts have done the same and nothing said, because they come from a right wing bias.

The director generals and board come from the Conservative party and old boys network, so far from being impartial too.

4 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

My gripe with all this is how all other news seems to have to take a back seat while it goes on.  

Indeed, and also the source of the problem, the Governments plans for "boat people" which has also got lost, said before on the Conservatives thread, this is a distraction.

1 minute ago, XPertByExperien said:

What gets me is that in the past, "Auntie" Beeb has sacked other well known presenters for a LOT less than what GL did!

have they?

A lot less than posting on their own twitter account?

i know you wont see this as im number 10 on your ignore list.

Edited by melthebell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Tbf to Lineker hes not pretending to be some political force for good or anything, he just happens to post things now and again on his personal accounts when he feels the need, like we all do.

tbf I get that,  just wish there some fresh faces as pundits.