Man Of Steel Statue?

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The amount raised through the donations would be considerable, but they are essentially trying to cadge the steel!!

Both companies associated with the project are skint. Less than 50k in one's account and the other is in the red according to their latest submissions to companies house. 

But it was claimed at one point that they'd recieved over 1.5 million in donations, not including the share from the BHF heart engravings. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/04/2023 at 22:05, hsb98c said:

I was asked by a friend to meet with Medhi at his gallery on Ecclesall Road before he launched - many many years ago!

He wanted a website for the Man of Steel - free of charge and my effort being put down as support towards a charitable cause.  I registered a few addresses and when he wanted ownership of the domains and I refused, he broke off contact.  I didn't want to put all the effort in without having the control in case something happened etc.  He wasn't happy as it was clearly an ego boosting exercise and he wanted complete control. Hence he didn't get man of steel sites as I'd registered them.

Looks like I got a lucky escape in the end as it's not gone anywhere.  

I'm looking into this at the minute, would you mind sending me a DM? (My account is new so I can't message people yet)

22 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Glad someone’s looking into this . It all sounds very dodgy . How long ago was this first thought about?

Before the towers came down I think. I'm pretty sure (but can't back it up because distant memory) that it was mentioned during the plans of the demolition. The towers came down in August 2008, so 15 years ago. 

IIRC there was a lot of arguing. E.ON claimed they were unsafe yet 2-3 independent surveys said they weren't

Edited by Resident