Carerooms For Convalescence?

32 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Anna I did not know that temperature, blood pressure etc will be monitored remotely. Also the carers allowance is pitiful, also ordinary carers, who go from house to house get pitiful wages, just because they don’t have a degree in nursing is disgusting !

Couldn't agree more. These vital workers should be returned to the NHS family and paid accordingly, with proper training, a proper career structure and all the respect they deserve.

5 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

As a disabled person myself, I do not support this.

It's not up to the general public to provide palative care for current/former Hospital patients, it's up to the care sector/government/local council to find respite facilities, however, I know from personal experience that the care sector's been in turmoil since forever due to an extreme lack of staff, and respite facilities in general are very hard to find or even get access to.

Like in 2002 I went for what was supposed to be a week in respite at a place up Woodhouse, was in there 3 days and was on the mobile to my Parents literally crying to come Home it was that bad.

I fully agree with what you say.

That kind of situation would quickly lead to neglect or abuse of some form as has happened in some care homes.

We will not have highly paid government ministers off-loading their responsibilities onto the general public to save a few quid.

They are getting paid to do a job, so do it, or pack it in and let someone else have a go.

23 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Couldn't agree more. These vital workers should be returned to the NHS family and paid accordingly, with proper training, a proper career structure and all the respect they deserve.

Yes, I fully agree with that too.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

To be fair Pat, I believe temperature, blood pressure etc will be monitored remotely, and a phone doctor will be available to patients. All hi tech stuff which I don't understand (or rate) to be honest.

The money is indeed all some people will be interested in. 

Frankly, if they can afford to pay people £350 -£400 to look after strangers, isn't it about time the carers allowance of a pitiful £60 a week, was raised substantially for looking after family members? 

Quite correct.

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I fully agree with what you say.

That kind of situation would quickly lead to neglect or abuse of some form as has happened in some care homes.

We will not have highly paid government ministers off-loading their responsibilities onto the general public to save a few quid.

They are getting paid to do a job, so do it, or pack it in and let someone else have a go.

Yes, I fully agree with that too.

Quite correct.

Indeed, in general, care home workers are so overworked/underpaid they literally leave the clients/tenants to vegetate in front of the idiot box, sorry, telly, while they do their work.

Like that few days I spent at the place in Woodhouse, I spent the majority of the time in my room playing Xbox, I could've quite happily done that in my own Home! :loopy: 

2 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Indeed, in general, care home workers are so overworked/underpaid they literally leave the clients/tenants to vegetate in front of the idiot box, sorry, telly, while they do their work.

Like that few days I spent at the place in Woodhouse, I spent the majority of the time in my room playing Xbox, I could've quite happily done that in my own Home! :loopy: 

I think that's true of most care homes, even though you might be paying up to £1,000 a week for the privilege.

• Sad 1