Digital Pound Likely This Decade, Treasury Says

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Can't comment on the first item with any certainty, but I wonder if it was actually - illegally  - a continuous payment authority.

Second bit that unfortunately can happen if your computer security/knowledge is lacking - no disrespect intended.

To be fair it was quite a few years ago, I wasn't as Internet savvy then as I am now, it helps that our Dave (my Brother) is in Internet security for a living and he's taught me stuff.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Can't comment on the first item with any certainty, but I wonder if it was actually - illegally  - a continuous payment authority.

Second bit that unfortunately can happen if your computer security/knowledge is lacking - no disrespect intended.

Yeah, fortunately the Mods twigged it WASN'T me, due to the different posting styles.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

More to the point, there's too much fraud on cash cards as it is IMO, if we become a "cashless" society and everyone's forced to use their card to pay for stuff, that's liable to get much MUCH worse.

Also, under current laws, people can't get a credit/debit card till they turn 18, what do kids do? They wouldn't be able to borrow money off their Parents because the Parents ain't got no cash, and can't let the kids use their card!

What's an earth you talking about? There are lots of junior bank accounts that come with debit cards.  Have been for decades.

That are even prepaid debit cards that parents can get for their children and transfer money onto.  There are school canteens who are running entirely cashless operations. There are kids who are barely teenagers who are using in app purchases on their mobile phones.

You seem to be getting confused with credit cards which of course requires a certain level of collateral and credit history.  However, basic banking does not and the concept of electronic payments for under 18s has been existence for a very long time.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

Yeah Dad keeps a very watchful eye on both my accounts.

He might need to keep closer tabs on it if you keep getting emails like the one you described. Incurring bank charges isn't cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

He might need to keep closer tabs on it if you keep getting emails like the one you described. Incurring bank charges isn't cheap.

I hate to be pedantic but it's texts, not emails.

I got one yesterday and I don't even know what it's for? I know I preordered this year's WWE game on Xbox last week, which is coming on Friday from Amazon, but I bought that on the main Bank card.