Royal Mail Customer Service Rant

2 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Meh, I got an email about an hour ago that RM had been to the Flat to pick up an Amazon parcel, even though I specifically arranged for it to be picked up on Friday as due to a Dentist and Hospital appointment today, I knew I wasn't going to be around, I've just rung them on the deaf/hard of hearing phone number on my mobile, and even though I explained my address/post code/order number 4 times, the woman didn't understand and kept asking!

I freely admit I have NO patience but come on!

WHY do the majority of call centres employ Foreign people that don't understand Yorkshire accents? :loopy: :rant: 

As you rarely have a good word to say about anyone in customer service, why not go & work in the sector & give them the benefit of your, obvious, expertise?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

As you rarely have a good word to say about anyone in customer service, why not go & work in the sector & give them the benefit of your, obvious, expertise?

I frequently have done, just not in call centres, as I wear a hearing aid, and under "reasonable adjustments" they'd have to provide hearing aid compatible headsets and all that bobbins, which most places would say is "unreasonable" despite being a legal requirement under the Equality Act.

4 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I frequently have done, just not in call centres, as I wear a hearing aid, and under "reasonable adjustments" they'd have to provide hearing aid compatible headsets and all that bobbins, which most places would say is "unreasonable" despite being a legal requirement under the Equality Act.

Ah, so you've been a 'call centre drone' then? In that case I'd expect you to be a little more understanding?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XPertByExperien said:

No, if you READ my post, I said I HAVEN'T worked in call centres! :loopy: 

Oops. My bad. 

OK then, as a human being I'd expect you to have more understanding. 

You are one of those, right?

2 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I HAVEN'T worked in call centres! :loopy: 

Why not give it a try? It might be something you're good at?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

WHY do the majority of call centres employ Foreign people that don't understand Yorkshire accents? :loopy: :rant: 

I've lived in Sheffield for all 49 years of my life, my accent is as strong as anyone's, but I've never had any problem making myself understood by staff in overseas call centers, or non UK customers in my job. Maybe its not your accent that's your problem? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, slh73 said:

I've lived in Sheffield for all 49 years of my life, my accent is as strong as anyone's, but I've never had any problem making myself understood by staff in overseas call centers, or non UK customers in my job. Maybe its not your accent that's your problem? 

Sorry, can you repeat that, I didn't quite get it.

😉😉

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

I've been with Sky for years for TV, and last April, I signed up for landline and Fibre after coming out of contract with Plusnet, their call centre's based in the far North of Scotland, yet I can vaguely translate a strong Scottish accent a lot better than say, Indian or even worse, African.

Oh so the problem is actually you not understanding them, not the other way round like you keep saying? 

• Like 1